Chapter 29

~Ryan's POV~

The rest of the week was miserable. I struggled getting to my locker and back to classes. I rarely talked to anyone, I just pushed them away and built walls because I didn't want to get hurt again. I didn't want to hurt myself again. I need to get better and this place has been the reason for my blood being shed.

****

I walked into the court room wearing a black pencil skirt with a floral shirt tucking in and a gray cardigan. I wore flats so I didn't look like some slut wearing platform heels or stilettos. I felt confident that I was going to win my emancipation but I couldn't bare to look at my father across the room with tears in his eyes. I had to get out of that house. I was fending for myself at home anyway. I was the one with the job and buying all the food. I was the one cooking and making sure the place was clean.

They had us stand and I had to state why I wanted this. "I want to get out of that house because I am the adult in this family. I come home from school and clean and cook. I am the only one with a job so I know that I can support my self and I have been doing this for the last three years." I looked back to see Cameron smiling at me, encouraging me to continue. "The main reason why I want to get out of that house is because my dad is an alcoholic. The last time that I talked to him when we weren't fighting was when he hit me across the face. He told me that I was worthless and I was th-" I tried to hold myself together but I failed. I started to cry, I felt the warm tear rundown my face and saw it hit the table. "He said I was the reason that my mother died. I killed her." I grabbed a tissue and dabbed it on under my eye trying not to smear my mascara.

After a while of court time and questions and judgment I was granted the right of emancipation. I left the court room in Cameron's arms and turned just in time to see my dad fall to the ground in sorrow. I felt bad for him but the house was no longer safe for me. Cameron took me out for a nice dinner at Sizzler.

"How are you feeling, babe?" I loved it when he said that. We sat down and I looked into his brown eyes.

"I am feeling relieved actually. I feel like I am a new person." I smiled at him. "But did you see my dad when we left?"

"Yea he will be fine. He will be ok." He tried to reassure me. I took a bite of my steak that was oh so yummy. I haven't eaten for the last couple weeks so the food tasted amazing. The baked potato with sour cream and butter on it was fabulous. I ate like I was eating for the first time in a year.

"So were are you going to live?"

"I don't know," I laughed a little,"I guess I wouldn't get through this and end up back in that house." I laughed a little bit more. "Can I stay the night tonight?"

"Of course." He put his hand over mine.

"Will you also go to the house with me to pack and then go look for an actual home?"

"I would love to." He just said it with the sweetest smile.