Chapter 25

~Ryan's POV~

We layed in bed talking all day. Neither of wanted to leave our heaven on earth but it was time. We had to go back to school and go to prom. Then we would graduate and leave home, go to college maybe.

The next day I woke up tried so hard to go back to sleep so this wouldn't end but Cameron woke up and told me to get off of my lazy ass and get packed.

The drive home was long and silent. We just sat there holding hands looking out the windows. I didn't want to go back to where we have responsibility and where my dad is. As we pulled into my drive way I took a deep breath and tried my best to smile at Cameron. He walked me inside to find my dad drinking a cup of coffee. He rushed over to me.

"Ryan!" He tried to give me a hug but I pulled back "I am so sorry my little princess." He hasn't called me that in years.

"Don't dad." I walked to my room leaving him there alone, standing in the dark. I didn't want to talk to him right now. The memory of him hitting me and saying those thing was still fresh and it still hurt. Cameron set my stuff on my bed and walked to the bathroom. I heard a knock on the door and found my dad leaning on the door frame.

"Can we please talk?"

"I don't want to talk right now or ever. You hurt me dad. You said that I was the reason that mom died. I am the reason..." I started to cry "You hit me and I don't feel safe around you anymore and I don't know if I ever can." His face dropped and I saw a tear come out of his eye. I turned and finished unpacking. I heard his foot steps down the hall. Cameron walked out and saw me on the edge of my bed crying. He sat next to me and held me. That's all I needed was to be held by him.

"I want to get emancipated..."

"Ok we will go in after school tomorrow." he said in quietly and kissed my forehead.

****
The next day at school I felt like I didn't belong. I felt out of place like I did when I came back after my mom died. Everyone staring and me trying to keep focus on the ground trying not to notice the quiet giggling and pointing. I just walked. At lunch I over heard one of the girls at the other table.

"She is such a slut. She left on a vacation with Cameron while she was dating Derek. The poor guy." I admit I did feel bad about Derek but the second day I broke up with him. I noticed a tear hit my plate and I got up trying to find Cameron. As I stood and left the table the girl laughed and went about her day like it was nothing, like she knew that I heard her talking about me. It just brought up bad memories of me eating in the bathrooms trying to avoid people and their stupid comments. I hated that I was here again running from people that didn't even know me. They all just needed something to talk about and I was the one that had the biggest mistake this week. Girls are cruel and vicious. They do things on purpose that they know what will hurt the most, they aim at the girls who won't defend them selves. I ran out of the school into the parking lot now crying hard. I wanted out of here but I couldn't go home to my dad.

"To: Cameron:

Come out to the parking lot asap!!"

Tears were falling from my face onto my phone as I was typing. I was pacing back and forth, pulling my hair. I couldn't wait any longer I started to run. I ran towards my house. It took fifteen minutes but when I got there my dad wasn't home, thank goodness. I ran to my room and opened my bedside table searching for my exacto knife. When I found it I opened it and cut my wrist. I saw the blood steam out onto the ground I felt light headed. The last thing I remember was hitting the ground.

~Cameron's POV~

My phone buzzed and it read new message from Ryan 17 minutes ago.

"From: Ryan:

Come out to the parking lot asap!!"

I started to run out the doors not seeing Ryan.

"Ryan! Ryan!" There was some stoners on the wall I walked towards them. "Have you seen a girl? Blonde, about this tall." I raised my hand just above my shoulder trying to show her height.

"Yea man she was crying and started running that way." He pointed toward her route home.

"Thank you." I ran for my truck and turned it on. I drove out towards her house.

"RYAN!! RYAN!!" I entered her house hearing nothing. I went up to her room and found her in a pool of blood. "RYAN!!" I ran to her and struggled to get my phone out of my pocket to call 911. "You are not leaving me right now. You can't leave me. I need you!" I kissed her forehead and that is when the operator answered.