Chapter 1

"Sorry", I apologized after bumping to another person while looking down at my schedule. I was starting a new high school this year and I'm so nervous. This school is humongous and I don't know my way around. As I looked around at everyone, I noticed it was way more different than my old school. There was a lot of people in this school and most of those people seemed to be disrespectful. I mean when I came in this morning, I saw a girl screaming and cursing at a staff member after he accidentally bumped in to her. I saw a few other students in similar encounters and I was just shocked. I don't understand why my mother would put me in to this school. Or maybe all the schools over here are like this.

I actually use to live in Virginia but then last year I found out my dad had been planning us to move us here to Brooklyn NY. I honestly don't like it here. I'm not use to living in the city at all. Also the neighborhood we live in. Is so dangerous. There's a lot of gangs, thugs, etc. But we had no other choice to move here. My dad lost his job and couldn't afford to live at our house in Virginia anymore. So he moved us into a good sized Apartment here in Brooklyn.

As I finally found my class, I walked in and it was so loud and rowdy. I didn't know where to go, so I just sat in the empty seat in the front. A teacher then walked in to the room and put his paper work down on to his desk.

"Alright. Settle down guys" he said over and over as he tried quiet down the class.

It took a while but he was able to finally silence the class. He was talking to the class about something until he got interrupted by a group of boys walking in to the room.

"You boys are late" the teacher said sharply to them.

They just ignored him and went on to the back of the class having their own conversation.

"Would you boys please quiet down back there, I'm trying to teach a class" the teacher asked them with a serious tone.

"Man shut the fuck up already" this one boy in the group snapped to the the teacher.

The teacher looked as if He was scared of the boys so he stopped. He continued to teach the lessons while most of the class wasn't even paying attention. I just sat there quietly while I just observed everything. As the teacher was passing papers around he finally stopped at me and. Looked curiously.

"And who might you be?" He asked a bit confused.

"I'm new here" I replied shakily as some of the other students had their attention on me.

"Oh then, you should stand up and introduce yourself." The teacher announced as if he was happy to have a new kid in his class.

As he told the class to quiet down, he made me stand in front of the class. They all had their eyes on me which was making more nervous than I already was.

"Uh, I'm Alyssa Williams and I moved here a few weeks ago." I said lowly.

"Yo Bitch speak up, we can't hear you !"

A guy from the back shouted making me jump which made the class laugh. I just slowly went back to my seat and I just lowered my head. I heard some people laughing behind me, making me feel more worse.I looked behind me to see a very attractive brown skinned guy who was actually one of the boys to come into class late. I guess he noticed me because he and the others boys attention went on.

"What the fuck you staring at?" He said to me a very deep voice. I immediately turned my head. looked away, as I still felt the boys looking at me.

"This is gong to be a long year.", I whispered to myself.