Chapter 5

Michelle and I were on the lunch line waiting to get our food.
"Hey so what was that all about when we was in class?"
I looked at her confusingly.
"What are you talking about?" I asked while grabbing a tray of school lunch.
She picked up her tray and bought a bag of chips and we both headed to a table.
"You know... you and Michael" she trailed off.
"I don't know what you talking about l" I said a matter of fact.
We finally found a table and sat down and continued to talk.
"Look ima go ahead and say but that nigga was eyeing you the whole time we was in class" she said looking at me with an amused look on her face.
I already knew what she was as thinking.
"Honestly I don't even know him. I just stared school like 3 days ago." I said to dismiss the conversation.
"Look Alyssa I saw what happened with you and Jada yesterday. Don't let her intimidate you. Don't let any of them scare you." She said seriously.

I looked down in shame.
"Can you tell me about them please" I asked her curiously.
She glanced at a table nearby and then rolled her eyes.
It was the same people from yesterday including Jada and Michael on the table.
"Well you already found about Jada and Michael. Michael and Jada been together since the summer. So only for a few months. They honestly not gonna last in my opinion. Michael probably only uses her to have sex" she said laughing a little.
I just sat there taking this all in.
"But anyways, they pretty much together. Jada thinks that since she going out with Michael, she can all big and bad, like bitch?" She said with a crazy look on her face.
I laughed a little and she continued.
"But yeah Michael is a really intimidating guy though. He doesn't play around. He does boxing too. Last year he and his friends jumped some guy, because he was talking crap.
But he is a smart guy though."
She told me while eating some Doritos.
"So what about the other people." I asked.
"So lets start with the hoodlums." She said sucking her teeth. I giggled a little and she continued on."Well you got Michael,Bryshere,Chris,Tommy,Dontae, Cameron and Ahmed." She said the last name a little too excitedly.
I smirked at her.
"What?" She asked nervously looking anywhere else but at me.
"So who's this Ahmed guy. You like him or something."
She sighed deeply but looked up at me.
"Yes, but I'm not his type. He into those hoe type girls." She said a little disappointingly.
"Don't feel bad. If he into those type of girls, then he's not the right one for you. There's going to be someone out there in the world who's going to respect you, make you laugh, protect you and love you" I told her with a sharp edge to my voice.
"Damn, you know all the right shit to say." She laughed out.
We both laughed.
"Yeah because of my boyfriend back home" I said reminiscing on the good memories.
"Aww you had a little boo. Ya broke up?" She said in comfort.
"Yeah we did. He wanted to try long distance, but I didn't want him to feel like I was holding him back....we were together for 3 years before I came here. I truly do miss him"
I said in awe.
"Girl.." Michelle got up and gave me a hug.
"Thanks Michelle" I said hugging her back.
"Enough of this sappy stuff, tell me about the girls on that table behind me" I told her.
Michelle went back to sitting across from me and decided to finish up.
"Okay we got through the boys.So for the girls, it's Jada, Ashley.Ashely is the one with blond streaks. Then there's Ivy ,the one who was holding back Jada from you yesterday. And also Rosie. Rosie is not really problematic though. I don't why she friends with them." She said shaking her head.
I sighed deeply. I then proceeded to tell her what happened this morning.
Michelle had an annoyed look on her face.
"Yo let a bitch try me like that. I swear" She snorted out.
She said a few more curse words and I was just laughing amusingly.
"But for real, for real, don't let her talk to you like that. Stand your ground." She said in confidence.
"Well I guess your right" I said in a daze.
"Of course I am" She exclaimed.
We both then laughed together.
I noticed Michelle looking behind me.
"What?" I asked in concern.
"He keeps looking over here" Michelle told me.
I was confused for quite a second.
I turned around and saw the same girls and boys that Michelle was just telling me about.
I then noticed Michael was with his group of friends but he was too busy staring at me again.
We made eye contact for about two seconds and I swiftly turned around facing a smirking Michelle.
"Oooooh, I saw that" She said wiggling her eyebrows.
I furrowed my eyebrows at her.
"Nothing even happened" I said a little nervously.
Michelle still smirked at me.
"Mhmmm. Whatever you say" she said while still smirking at me.
"Ughhh" I laughed and she laughed with me.
"C'mon let's go wonder the halls until bell rings" she said getting her handbag while I got up as well.
As we passed by the the table of the group, I noticed another guy looking at me. I think it was one of Michael's friend.
But I think my eyes was maybe just messing with me.
I continued on walking with Michelle and we headed out the cafeteria.
"You busy after school?" Michelle asked me. We was sitting in the library just waiting for the bell signal that class had started.
"No. Not really" I said in a monotone voice. I had nothing really planned.
"You wanna hang out after school. We can go to Popeyes, and just hang out in the park afterwards" She suggested.
I smiled and replied. "Yeah but I'm gonna have to notify my dad" I let her know. The bell then rung meaning we had 5 minutes to get to class. "What class you got last period?"She asked while getting up.
"Um.I think I got Ms Davis. Yeah I got her last" I said surely as we made our way out the library.
"Okay just give me your number and I'm meet up with you when your done with Ma.Davis"She said getting out her phone. She gave it to me and I typed my name in.
"I guess I'm see you later" I dragged out.
"Yeah I'm call you though" She said. I let out an 'okay' before we both went our separate ways.