Chapter 20

From a distance I started to see my apartment building.

"It's right over there by the way" I mumbled but loud enough so Michael can hear me.  I was already over today to be quite honest. All I could think about was Jaxon and his ex.

"You ready to go ?" Michael asks as he brings me out my thoughts.  I didn't even realize Michael had already parked in front of my apartment building.

"Oh yeah sorry" I apologized and open the car door to head out.

As I shut the door, I pulled out my keys and walked up to the steps of the building. I turned around to see that Michael was right behind me. This was already starting to feel awkward. And I can feel my anxiety kicking in.

"Um you can leave your shoes right there" I tell Michael quietly as we both step inside the apartment. I kicked off my shoes and headed towards the kitchen to get a snack to eat. I opened one of the cabinets and noticed that my candy was all the way on the top shelf.

"Not this again." I muttered in annoyance as I attempted to reach for it. I was about to just climb on the counters and get it, but then I felt a body over mines which startled me. I immediately turned around just to come face to face with Michael.

"Is this what you was tryna get?" Michael asks me as we stood chest to chest while he was holding my fruit snacks.

"Um yeah... thank you" I replied breathlessly since our bodies are so close.

"It's nothing princess" Michael smirks at me.

"Umm" I start as I backed up from him slowly.

"Would you like to have anything to drink or any snacks?" I ask to change the subject.

"Nah I'm good" Michael replied staring at me. I immediately tried to avoid any eye contact with him.

"Well y-you can stay in the living room, while I go change real quick and then we can start on our assignment"  I tell him nervously as he continues to stare me down.

"Aight" he says as he walks backwards and turns back around to leave the kitchen.

I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

What was that? I decided to just push that behind my mind and head upstairs to go change in to some comfortable clothes.

I changed out my school outfit and wore some sweat pants and a hoodie. I made sure to grab my school bag which had my paper work for the project. I went back downstairs and walked back into the living room. I saw Michael sitting down on the couch on his phone.  Walking towards him, I felt some nerves build up again.

"Hey um we can start if you're ready" I said sitting down across from him.

"Aight" he says as he looks up from his phone and places it back in his pocket.

"So... we have to do the questionnaire about each other. And then after that, all we really gotta do is talk about what we learned from eachother and see if our personality types are compatible" I said super nervously looking down the whole time. All I heard was silence and I assumed that Michael wasn't paying any mind to what I was saying. I looked up up to see that his full attention was on me. And it made my heart jump.

"I think I left some of my worksheets in my locker, can I see yours real quick?" He asks me licking his lips. And I tried hard to not react.

"U-uh yeah sure" I stutter handing him the paper. He grabs it from my hand, and our fingers touched a little bit. And I'm not going to lie, that little touch felt weird.

Maybe I'm overreacting.

As he looks over at the questionaire paper, I started to actually look at him foreal for the first time. His brown eyes, smooth brown skin, how good he looked in his white t- shirt.

I need to really stop. I shook my head immediately and try to change my thoughts. I can't believe I was just eyeing him down like that.

"These questions are mad easy" Michael says jumping me out of my thoughts as he handed me the paper.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks me out the blue.

"Umm I guess yellow" I respond I say looking at the assignment paper and noticed that it was one of the questions.

"How about you?" I ask him looking at him.

"Red" he simply says and I start to write down both of our answers down.

"Uh favorite sport? I ask looking through the paper.

"Basketball" he says with ease leaning his body back on the couch.

"I guess mines would be softball" I tell him as I write the answers down.

"Softball?" He asks me and I look up to seem him with a puzzled look on his face.

"Uh yeah, I use to play in my old school and I was pretty good at it. " I said confidently reminiscing on my early years of highschool.

I look up to see Michael watching me.. admirably?

I look back down to avoid his stare. It was silent for moment until a phone went off. It was Michael's phone.

"Yeah aight bro. Ima be there ...aight bet" I hear Michael as he talked on the phone.

"Yo so I gotta go but I wanted to talk you real quick " Michael looks at me licking his lips fast. I look up at him confused as I stood up too.

"I just wanted to say sorry for calling you out ya' name in the gym, that was outta line" Michael apologize sincerely looking in my eyes.

I felt my face warm up a little bit. I didn't realized that he remembered that.

"Thank you" I said softly shying away from his eyes.

I walked him all the way to the front door and opened the door for him.

"We'll just continue tomorrow afternoon. If that's fine with you?" I ask him as he steps outside.

"Yeah that's cool ma" he nods gazing at me. He then shakes his head smirking to himself and turns around walking to his car.

As I closed the front door shut, I couldn't help but smile a little bit too....

********************************************
I know it's been a while since I've updated, so sorry!

Let me know what you guys think of this chapter.

Questions:

Do you believe Jaxon is playing Alyssa?

Thoughts on Michael?

Thoughts on Alyssa?

What do you think about Michael apologizing?

Michael and Alyssa.. do you see something happening? If so why, and if not why?