Chapter 3

It was now the end of the day,and class was going to end in just 10 minutes. Luckily nobody from
that group, was in this class. At least in the moment. We had a substitute, so most people skipped class. I was just sitting here looking at my Instagram feed to occupy some time. I looked at the time, just to see that there was only 2 minutes left for class. So I decided to pack up so I can be ready to leave. As soon as I was done, the bell rung.

"Perfect timing", I said to myself and got up along with a few other students and headed out the classroom.

I headed towards my locker, with ease since school was over and I can finally go and be in the comfort of my home. I made sure to look down the whole time because I didn't want to look at the wrong person and be humiliated again. I finally made it to my locker and I put in the combination. I grabbed out my coat and then I went to close my locker. I then proceeded out the school building, and headed toward the bus stop. I wasn't going to get on the bus, since I was still new to the city. But there was a bench and I decided to sit down and wait for my dad to come pick me up. In the mean time I decided to take in the scene around me. I saw people from school getting on the bus, and I would guess there heading home. I also saw some children at a park nearby playing with each other. It made me smile a little. I remember when I was happy like that. I noticed that there was loud music playing from a car not that far. I noticed a few people surrounded by it bopping their heads to the music and I noticed a few girls. They seemed familiar. I finally realized it was the same people from this morning and during lunch. I noticed that the girl Jada was there too, including her friends. The brown skin guy, had his arm wrapped around her waist while she leaned on to him. He was kissing on her neck and she seemed to be enjoying it. I looked in another direction ,before I made eye contact with any of them.

While I was deep in my thoughts, I heard someone call my name. I was confused as to who it was, so I looked up and realized it was my dad. I got up and in the corner of my eye, I could see that the people from the other car had their attention on me.

I quickly got up and speed walked to my fathers car and opened the passenger door and got in. As soon as I did, I closed the car door and sighed in relief.

"Woah, what's got you so worked up?", my dad asked. 

"It's nothing dad", I replied back in a small voice. He looked at me questionably but thankfully drove away from the school.

I was finally home and I was at least happy about that. Just peace and quiet and some me time. My dad left for work after he dropped me off. Also my mom is not coming for another 2 hours, since she was working as well. So I was just all alone in this apartment. 

I went to my room and changed out of my clothes to more comfortable ones. There wasn't really anything to do, so I just payed on my bed staring at the ceiling. I started to look back on the events that carried out today on my first day of school. I ended up dosing off and fell into a deep slumber.

I woke up with the smell of food lingering in the room. I grabbed my phone to check the time. It was 7:18. I slept for almost 4 hours. Which reminded me that my mother must have come since I smell some lasagna being cooked.  I jumped off my bed and left my room and raced to the living room.I saw my mom sitting on the diner table eating her food while flipping though channels on the TV.

"Hey mom" I said hugging her.

She at first was startled but laughed and hugged me back.

"I see that you woke up" she said while I sat next to her.

"Yeah I was pretty tired" I replied.

"How was school though" she asked.

I paused for a moment before I decided to answer her question.

"It was fine. I had a good day actually" I said lying straight through my teeth.

"That's very great baby. I just want you to be happy. I know this ain't easy on you. It ain't easy for any of us. But we gotta make the best out of it." She smiled sadly.

"I know ma. Its okay, I understand and I appreciate for all you and dad has done for me" I said holding her hand. We stayed like that for a moment before I went ahead and got up to go take a shower.

When I was done with my shower, I decided to take out my twist outs from my hair and brushed it out. I tied my hair up into a bun and then wrapped my scarf around my head, so it won't get messy while I sleep.

I brushed my teeth and did all my other hygiene stuff and and went back into my room.I turned off the lights and jumped on my bed covering myself with blankets. After using my phone for a little bit, I decided to put my phone and laid on my bed trying to close my eyes, dreading for what the next day was going to bring.