Chapter 16

Jaxons slows down the car as we pull up to an ice cream place. I turned to him and looked at him funny.

"Really an ice cream place?" I laughed. I was expecting something completely different.

"Who doesn't like ice cream" he flashed his smile at me .

"I mean, I am craving some cookies and cream" I said just thinking about it. It made my stomach grumble a little bit. Jaxon looked at me as soon as he was done parking the car.

"Alright alright I see that you hungry!" He laughed. He must've heard my stomach grumble. I laughed along with him shaking my head at his goofiness. Jaxon then took his car keys off the ignition and stepped out the car and shut the the door behind him. And I was getting ready to do the same but he was already ahead of me. Jaxon opened the car door for me and I smiled at his gesture and stepped out the car.

"Thank you." I looked at him with a light smile. We both then made our way inside the ice cream shop and went to go order.

"Yo' this is mad good!" Jaxon said while eating his chocolate ice cream.

"Foreal." I nodded in agreement while I had a spoonful of cookies and cream.

"So how long you've been here, in New York." Jaxon asked me out the blue.

"I would say for about a month and a half now." I respond looking at him. I couldn't believe I've made it a month here in New York. It was almost like yesterday I was back home in Virginia.

"How you like it here? " Jaxon asked looking over at me.

"Um... I'm not going to lie. At first I didn't like the fact that I moved here. But now it's not so bad. I'm starting to like it here a little bit." I said honestly.

"Because of me?" Jaxon flashed his cheesy smile at me. I giggled and pushed his shoulder back.

"Maybe, maybe not." I respond with a light smile. Jaxon whole heartedly laughed which made me smile even more.

"Well I'm glad that I got to meet you even if you don't like it here that much. I'll try to make it the best experience for you." Jaxon said leaning toward me. I pushed my hair back and looked down out of nervousness.

"Well thank you for that." I whispered slowly looking up at him to meet this eyes. We stayed like that for a little moment and I decided to break the silence.

"So do you come here often?" I asked him before it got awkward.

"Nah.I use to come here a lot when I was a little kid though." He responded while looking a little sad.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked him in confusion. I didn't meant to upset him by asking that question.

"Yeah I'm good. I just remember always coming here when I was younger with my mom. Now I barely see her." He looks up at me slow as he tried to smile.

"Oh I'm so sorry I asked!" I immediately apologize. Wow it's technically like our first date and I'm already messing up.

"Nah you good. My fault for zoning out like that on you." He assures me. I still didn't believe him but I decided to not push it even further.

We ended up staying in the ice cream shop for another 30 minutes just asking each other questions so we can know each other well.