Chapter 11

The school day was over and I was ready to leave and go see Jaxon. I was outside looking to see if I would spot him but I still didn't see him. So I took out my phone and texted him.
I stood there starting at my phone still waiting for a reply when I felt someone hug me from behind.
"What the.." I turned around startled.
It was just Jaxon.
"I scared you?" He asked chuckling.

"Yes you did" I smacking him on the arm lightly laughing.

Soon all the laughter died down and it came to down an awkward silence.
"Let's go chill by that park across the street" Jaxon pointed out to me.

"Okay" I said shyly with a light smile.
We both walked to the park in a comfortable silence. I'm not even going to lie, I was feeling a little nervous about this whole thing.
We went to the nearest bench and sat down.
"So what's good with you?" Jaxon asked.
Yeah
"Nothing really. Just trying  going by everyday" I responded looking at him.

So it went like that for a while. Both of us just trying to get to know each other.
"It's sort of getting late , I think it's almost time for your bedtime" he joked standing up.

"My bedtime?" I asked with a funny look.
"Yeah you heard me, little girl" he said catching a laugh to himself.
"Well I guess you're a little boy too then" I clapped back laughing.
"Babygirl I'm grown" he smirked.
"Then if I am a little girl and you're quote on quote "grown" , wouldn't that make you a pedophile then" I said smartly.
"Good point" he laughed shaking his head.

I stood up and stretched a little. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. I can't believe we've been out here for almost an hour, just talking about anything.
"Well I actually do need to get home soon." I said.
"Let's grab something to eat first and we'll be on our way" he suggested.
"Fine by me" I replied back.

We both walked to the nearest fast food restaurant, which was Wendy's.
We were both engulfed in our own conversation the whole entire walk.
We got to Wendy's and we headed straight to the line to order our food.
"So what would you like get." he asked me while looking at the menu.
"Umm, how about we get the 4 for 4. It's good and it's the cheapest on the menu." I suggested.
"I like your thinking" he said nodded while touching his chin.
"Go order the food" I laughed.

After finally getting our food, we both sat down on of the booths to eat.
"Yo these French fries though" he emphasized while reaching to touch my fries.
I smacked his hands away.
"Don't touch my food" I said seriously.
"Wowwww" he said shocked.
And we both started laughing again.
"I had a great time with you today" he told me after it got quiet again.
"Thanks Jaxon. I had a really good time with you too." I smiled showing my teeth.
"I'm about to call you an Uber so you can get home." He said taking his phone out.
"Oh no you don't have to do that. I can just take the bus home" I reached out to him.
"Nah its cool, I got you" he said still proceeding to call an Uber for me.
"You really don't have to, but thank you I appreciate it" I said gratefully.
"No problem."
He stood up and I stood up with him too.
We both walked outside and waited for the Uber together.
"We should do this again" he said looking over at me.
"Yeah we should. I haven't felt this good since I moved over here. Thank you for that" I genuinely said.
"Anytime." He smiled back.
The Uber got here and I was ready go inside the car and head home.
"Thank you again for today Jaxon" I said one last time.
Jaxon reached over and hugged me. I hugged him back.
"Text me when you get home. Stay safe" he said in my ear.
"Okay I will make sure to do that." I assured him.
I let go of him and made my way inside the car. I waved goodbye at him one last time before the Uber driver took off.