Are you okay?

It had been twelve hours since Derek had been given the shot. The pack had gone home to rest. Well, everyone but Stiles, he insisted on staying.

Derek opened his eyes. He looked around unsure of where he was. He recalled Stiles driving him to the hospital and Scott helping him inside but after that everything was blank.
He turned to see Stiles sleeping uncomfortably in a plastic chair next to his bed. His hand gripping Derek's firmly.

"Stiles?" Derek squeezed his hand trying to wake him.

"No!" Stiles yelled jumping to his feet. His hand pulling from Derek's. He panted as he leaned against the wall.

"Stiles, are you okay?" Derek asked concern laced in his tone.

"Derek?" Stiles' head snapped up to look at Derek.

"You're awake." Stiles huffed happily.

"Yeah." Derek nodded.

"How-how are you feeling? Are you okay?" Stiles went to reach for Derek but stopped.

"I'm a lot better." Derek smiled.

Stiles had tears in his eyes. "I'm... I'm so sorry. I don't know what I did. I'm so sorry." Tears started down Stiles face.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm fine. Don't cry, I'm okay." Derek tried to sit up but winced.

"You're still in pain." Stiles said grabbing Derek's arm to help him lie back down.

"I wish I could take it all away." Stiles sniffed quietly.

Once again Stiles felt an overwhelming ache swell through his body. His shoulder stung and it felt like his lungs were made of barbed wire. Each breathe was searing.

"Ahhhh." Stiles grit his teeth as he endured the pain. It hurt so much it froze him in place unlike before.

Derek frowned reaching for Stiles his alpha instincts kicking in to protect his pack member. "Stiles what's wrong? What's happening-" Derek cut off. He felt an overwhelming warm feeling under Stiles' touch. The pain he felt with every breathe ceased. The stinging in his shoulder vanished and the ache in his muscles melted away. The relief was numbing. He relaxed into the bed.

Stiles released Derek as soon as he could his skin burning against the cool skin of Derek's arm. He leaned back against the wall his feet giving out under him sending him into a puddle on the floor.

Derek bolted up and to his feet. He knelt by Stiles' side. "Stiles, are you okay?" Derek asked worriedly.

"Stiles." Derek shook him harshly.

Stiles opened his eyes, looking exhausted.

"Der?" Stiles asked blinking up at his alpha.

Derek let out a relieved sigh. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." Stiles nodded sitting up.

"Can you stand?" Derek asked.

Stiles nodded.

Derek helped pull Stiles to his feet. His skin wasn't hot anymore. It was a normal temperature.

"What did you just do?" Derek asked helping Stiles sit in the chair he'd previously occupied. "You took all my pain away. How did you do that?"

"I don't know. I merely mentioned it when you were unconcious and I felt everything you did. All your pain. I thought I could do it again." Stiles shrugged.

"Stiles, you could have hurt yourself.  I'm a werewolf I can handle a lot more pain than you." Derek sighed.

Stiles shook his head. "It's my fault you're in here at all. You could have died. It's all my fault." Stiles' hands shook as he spoke.

"Shhh, it's okay." Derek put a hand on Stiles' shoulder.

"You should be yelling at me. You should hate me." Stiles bit his lip willing new tears not to fall.

Derek smiled. "I don't hate you. It was an accident."

"I think I killed those omegas. I came across three people. One kept asking me if I knew who the alpha was. I was worried they'd try to hurt you and I didn't know they were werewolves. They just kept asking me. They followed me and were threatening me. I told them to shut up before I shut them up. It was a pointless threat. But it worked, they stopped following me. It was just on the edge of the woods. I didn't think anything of it. I figured I'd tell you about them at the meeting. I figured they were the ones I'd met and they were trouble so I didn't mention it. Then Melissa said they found Mistletoe in their stomachs. I killed them. I almost killed you." Stiles voice broke. His hands shook violently. He wiped the tears away hurriedly.

"I kept dreaming about weird things and mistletoe was one of them. Deaton says it's my subconscious trying to get me to accept my spark." Stiles was breathing fast and heavy. His whole body shook now.

Derek grabbed Stiles' hands in his. "Stiles, look at me."

Stiles looked up, his whiskey brown eyes meeting Derek's soft green ones.

"You didn't mean to. You did the right thing by not telling them who I was. They could have been dangerous. You were protecting me. Everyone else would have done the same thing. And you have a spark a very powerful one. You need to let Deaton help you." Derek spoke calmly.

Just then Melissa walked in. "Derek, you're awake."

"I am." Derek nodded releasing Stiles' hands.

"How are you feeling?" Melissa asked checking his heart rate and listening to his lungs.

"Good as new." Derek answered tossing a smile at Stiles.

"Everything looks and sounds back to normal. I'll get you checked out of here and you can take this one home." Melissa said looking at Stiles. "He needs sleep. He hasn't left your side since you got here."

Derek frowned looking over at the exhausted brunette. "You haven't?"

"Uhh...you always say...that your pack makes you stronger. I thought I'd stay in case it helped. The others found a shot to help at Deaton's and then they were here for a while." Stiles shrugged dismissively.

"Thank you." Derek smiled fondly at Stiles.

Once Derek had been checked out, Derek drove them to his loft.

"Call if you need anything." Stiles said in a tired voice as he climbed out of the camero.

"You're not leaving." Derek frowned.

"Melissa's right, I need sleep." Stiles sighed.

"You can stay here where I can keep an eye on you. You don't need to be driving anyway. Come on." Derek motioned for Stiles to follow him.

Stiles glanced at his jeep.

"I'm not letting you leave." Derek spoke as if reading Stiles' mind.

Stiles nibbled his bottom lip. "I'm dangerous, Derek."

"But now you know it. You can be mindful of it."

Stiles frowned. He suddenly felt a dizziness wash over him.

"Stiles?" Derek's voice sounded faint and distant.

Derek caught Stiles before he hit the ground. He slid an arm around his back and behind his legs sweeping him up to cradle him. "You need to rest."

Derek reached his room and layed Stiles on his bed. He pulled off Stiles' shoes and tucked him in. It reminded him of the times when he would tuck in Cora when their parents were out. He sighed down at the unconcious boy. It was his turn to sleep in a chair by Stiles' side.

*AN*
A hint of sterek for you.