Calm down

Theo stared down at the sleeping boy wrapped in the blue sheets. Seeing Stiles like this made him wish he'd gotten to know his lab partner better. He smiled sadly as he grabbed Stiles' hand. He kind of liked the fact that he might be acting as an anchor for Stiles.

His mom always shared bits of therapy wisdom with him and he tried to use it to help as much as he could. He was definitely going to try and get Stiles through this, whatever it was.

Theo suddenly felt like his hand was touching a hot stove. Stiles thrashed gripping Theo's hand harder.

"Ahhh, Derek!" Theo yelled

"Ahhh, Derek!" Theo yelled. He was sure his hand would blister from the heat Stiles was giving off.

Derek rushed in a look of concern etched on his face.

"I think he's burning my hand. How is he this hot?" Theo grimaced. "I can't get it free."

Derek grabbed the cold cloth and pressed it to Stiles' head. "Talk to him." Derek ordered.

"Uh, uh, Stiles. Listen umm you're gonna be fine. You're safe with Derek and I. We're right here. Everything's okay." Theo stammered.

"It's not working." Theo panicked.

"You have to stay calm." Derek demanded.

"You need to anchor him. You mentioned being an anchor so be one." Derek growled.

"I don't know how." Theo shrugged his heart rate picking up.

"A memory, you mentioned memories. Find one. Remind him of it. Let him be your anchor as well." Derek said trying not to snap. He knew Theo was only trying to help.

"Right, okay." Theo nodded before gripping Stiles' hand harder. He tried to calm his breathing and relax.

"Stiles, do you remember a few days before school break let out, we were in Chemistry. You were complaining about your arm hurting. You said it felt like you'd held a hundred and eighty pounds up in eight feet of water for two hours. I told you it wasn't possible but you were insistent it was." Theo paused taking a deep breath.

Derek frowned as he wiped Stiles' already cooling forehead, flashes of Stiles holding him up in the water popped into his head.

Theo continued. "I gave you a bunch of statistics about how it wasn't physically possible. You told me it would surprise me what the human body could do if someone you cared about was in danger."

Derek stopped wiping Stiles' head and looked up at Theo with a confused frown. The memory of Stiles diving in after Derek hit him, causing him to grip Stiles' hand.