Connection

"Did you bring the shirt?" Deaton asked as he let Stiles, Scott, Theo and Isaac in.

"Are you sure this will work?" Stiles asked skeptically as he handed over an unwashed bloody shirt.

"Almost positive." Deaton nodded. "But we should hurry."

"Almost positive, that's comforting." Stiles huffed.

"You're sure this is his blood?" Deaton asked inspecting Derek's shirt.

"Yes." Isaac answered.

"Stiles, I'll need a few drops of your blood." Deaton pointed to an empty beaker.

"Scott." Stiles held his hand out to his friend.

Scott extended a claw and pricked Stiles' finger.

Stiles dropped a few drops of blood into the empty glass as Deaton wet Derek's shirt. He squeezed allowing the bloody water to mix with Stiles' blood. He followed that up with a few random herbs.

"Keshwah unitsay, manter evite." Deaton mumbled.

Suddenly Stiles felt his mark begin to sting.

"What's happening?" Stiles grimaced at the pain.

"It's working." Deaton smiled.

-

Derek struggled against the ropes that held him in place. The fact that they were soaked in wolfsbane was the only reason he wasn't able to break free. Victoria had left to meet Stiles with Adelaide, leaving Analise to watch him.

"Give it up, handsome, you're not getting out of them." Analise spoke boredly as she typed away on her phone.

Derek was about to respond when he felt a sting in his left arm. Derek looked over but couldn't see anything. It must have been his imagination. Just as quickly as the stinging started it had stopped.

"Please, just kill me. Don't do this to Stiles." Derek begged.

"You can say that over and over but it's not going to change our minds." Analise rolled her eyes.

"You can keep me. Use me however you want, just please don't make him do this." Derek begged. He knew how much Stiles loathed the idea of being an emissary and he especially loathed the she alphas. He couldn't bear the thought that Stiles was tying himself to them to save him. The idea angered Derek so much his wolf tried to show through but the wolfsbane kept it at bay.

"Please, Stiles, don't do this." He begged in a low whisper knowing Stiles couldn't hear him.

-

"We have to go soon." Scott said looking at the time. 

"Alright, let's just get on with this." Stiles said shifting anxiously.

"Okay, this is going to take your full concentration. Think about Derek. Imagine his face, his voice, really focus on him. Perhaps on a memory." Deaton said.

Stiles closed his eyes and pictured Derek. He pictured his scowl, his bright green eyes, the shadow of his beard. The muscles under his tight shirts. He pictured his smile. His laugh. The way his eyebrows expressed his every emotion. He thought about the way his voice sounded the way he would say Stiles' name in a disapproving manner.