The answer is no

Stiles thrummed his fingers on his knee as he and Derek sat in silence.

"Are you going to let me go home?" Stiles asked looking at Derek.

"No." Derek answered blatantly.

"I'm fine, Derek." Stiles sighed leaning his head back on the car seat.

"I want to be sure." Derek didn't look away from the road.

"Why do you care?" Stiles snapped. He didn't want to have to be around Derek any more than necessary.

"Because despite what you may think, you are part of my pack. The wolf in me reacts the same to you as it does to Scott or Isaac, maybe even more so cause you're human...or well...you were." Derek let out a frustrated sigh.

"And now?" Stiles looked at Derek.

Derek sighed knowing where Stiles was going with this.

"Now you get better." Derek answered simply.

"I'm not gonna do it, Derek." Stiles said as he climbed out of the car.

"We can talk about it later." Derek was afraid to get Stiles' riled up. Even though Deaton insisted Stiles wasn't dangerous anymore he was afraid to risk it.

"We can talk now, or tomorrow, or next week or in fifty years and the answer will still be no." Stiles snapped. He wanted to be completely clear where he stood with Derek.

Derek's nostrils flared. Stiles had been pushing his patience all day and Derek was snapping. There was only so much patience Derek could exercise in a day. "Would it be so bad?" Derek demanded as Stiles opened the door to the loft.

Stiles stopped, turning to Derek.

"Being tied to you for the rest of our lives? Yes, yes it would. In fact I can't think of anything I'd hate more." Stiles yelled. He was less than a foot from Derek.

"Is that so?" Derek snapped his face not showing any emotion

"Yes, so like I said before, the answer is always going to be no." Stiles turned walking towards the kitchen. Derek on his heels.

"So what are you going to do now? Huh? Just pretend like nothing happened?" Derek didn't know how to convince Stiles but right now he was too mad.

"This wouldn't be an issue if you hadn't poured that puddle water down my throat." Stiles was shouting again.

"I saved your life." Derek growled.

"Yes once again Derek Hale saves Stiles. Well maybe I don't want you saving me anymore." Stiles threw his hands up.

Derek clenched his jaw. He could smell the anger and frustration dripping off of Stiles. "You would have died."

"That's a lot better than being here with you." Stiles snapped.