Okay

Derek climbed into the drivers seat of his camero as Stiles got into the passenger's side.

"Okay, so while I was inside I pulled out all the contacts Deaton has on emissaries, which are a lot so you'll have to be patient. I figured we could go to my place and I can track them down." Stiles said opening a folder he had snagged from Deaton's office.

"Stiles." Derek sighed not starting the car.

"Yeah, Der?" Stiles asked looking intently at the folder.

Derek closed his eyes. He loved when Stiles called him that. He only did it on occasion.

"Why do you call me that?" Derek blurted not intending for that to be what he said.

"Call you what?" Stiles asked frowning up at Derek.

"Sometimes you call me Der instead of Derek.

Stiles' brow furrowed. "Do I?"

"Yeah." Derek nodded.

"My bad, I didn't realize. I'll be more mindful." Stiles apologized.

"I don't mind it I just..." Derek sighed. "You kinda hate me."

"Derek, as much as I like to act like I hate you, I just can't actually hate you.  If anything you're this older brother who acts too much like my dad." Stiles shrugged.

Derek flinched at the words 'older brother'. He knew Stiles didn't feel the same way but it still hurt to hear. He almost wished Stiles hated him, maybe it would hurt less.

"Is there a reason you haven't started the car yet? If you want to find an emissary then-"

"I want you." Derek blurted.

"I'm sorry, what?" Stiles stared at Derek like he'd Just spoken a different language.

"I don't want just any emissary. I want you." Derek clarified.

"Damn it, Derek, why are you doing this?" Stiles snapped.

"Doing what?" Derek frowned.

"It's not going to happen, okay. I don't want to be connected to you like we're married. I have a year left before I never have to see you again. I'm bailing on Beacon Hills after senior year. I'll probably see Scott and Lydia on occasion but that's it, I'm done." Stiles got out of the car slamming the door behind him.

Derek hurried after Stiles.

"A year before you never have to see me again huh?" Derek couldn't hide the pain in his tone.

"Don't act like you won't be just as thrilled to never see my face again." Stiles snapped. He was tired of Derek pretending to care about him.

"Stiles, I don't want to never see your face again." Derek knew he was showing a much more sensitive side than he'd ever shown Stiles but he couldn't stand the thought of never seeing him again.