Chapter 13

Maliya

"Happy Birthday!" Aunt Janice and mom sang.

Today, on December twenty-eighth, I, Maliya James, am officially eighteen. I smiled as I sat up in my temporary bed. I was served an amazing birthday breakfast that was to die for. It was too pretty not to post.

Happy Birthday to me 😝 #sweet18 #imlegalbitch

I hit post, and sat my phone down before the swarm of likes and comments from people who aren't much of friends to me came in.

I sat in bed forking my meal and scrolling through Netflix trying to find a good movie. I settled on a horror and then the ding dong of the bell rang through the house. Moments passed and I didn't think much of the the visitor until my door cracked open. Jayven leaned on the door and smiled. My eyes lit up at the sight of my boyfriend. I put my food aside and ran up to hug him. "Jem!" I exclaimed jumping into his arms.

"Hey Princess," he grunted as he pulled my into an embrace. "Happy Birthday."

"Thank you," I pressed my lips against his even though I knew there'd be nothing in it. I was desperate for anyone to just keep my company on my birthday.

"I have something for you," Jayven reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a blue velvet rectangular box.

He opened it up and it revealed a gold plate necklace on it that said 'princess'.

"Oh my goodness," I jumped up and down and hugged my boyfriend once again. "Thank you,"

"It's your birthday, and you deserve it. That's real gold, baby."

°

°

°

"What're your plans for today," Jayven asked as he massaged my back. He'd offered to give me a birthday massage and of course I accepted. He was great with his hands.

"Before you came, tv," I shrugged.

"I have better plans for you," Jayven smirked.

"What do you have in mind?"

°

°

°

"Ugghhh," I groaned as I looked out the window of Jayven's car. A party was bumping at full force in someone's big ass house. The house wasn't too far from my aunt's place. "You know I don't do parties. Especially not house parties," my eyes jetted back and forth to the teens on the lawn who were already wasted or high.

"Baby, everyone's here. It's your birthday. You deserve a little fun," he tucked some stray hairs of mine behind my ear.

"We could have some fun, watching Netflix and eating snacks..." I trailed off. Jayven pulled my face towards his and our lips met. He gently sucked on my bottom lip then pulled back, staring deep into my eyes.

"Let's go," he said.

I nodded and we both got out of the car into the chill winter air. We approached the house and Jayven pulled me into the pool of drunken teens and maybe even some college kids. The house was pretty wild.

Who's house is this anyways?

"Hey, who's house is this?" I asked over the pulsing music.

"Uh, Tyra's."

My eyes raged with fury and I was super fucking close to blowing a fuse.

"I'll be right back," he let my hand go and I watched in utter shock as he was engulfed by a crowd. Leaving me to go to God knows where.

I sighed and went into the kitchen. I dug my hand into the icy cooler and grabbed a beer.

Strawberrita?

I shrugged and popped open the slim can.

"Fancy seeing you here,"

The strawberrita can was pressed to my lips and I was in shock. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"I'm surprised your parents let you come to the party, Leah," I said taking a sip from the can.

I was trying to convince her that I was doing okay. I wanted to come off as bad as and care free. She'd never seem me drinking alcohol before.

"Since when did you start drinking beer?" she scoffed.

I rolled my eyes, "Since now. And why does it matter to you anyways?"

"It doesn't."

Leah walked towards the cooler and pulled out a Heineken. I know what they are because my dad used to drink those. A lot. I remember tasting one once and the taste was bitter and unpleasant.

I inwardly laughed as Leah struggled to open the beer. She put it to her lips and swallowed a big gulp. I could see it travel down her long neck. Her face was priceless, she clearly found it disgusting but she's too proud. She's trying to prove some vague point she's made up in her head.

"Leah, put down,"

"You don't tell me what to do," she snapped.

"You don't even drink," I yelled back.

"Yeah, well, you don't know me anymore, Maliya. You barely have time for me. It's always about you all the time. You, you, you! No one else has problems but you. No one can like a person, but oh wait, you can! Since you can do everything why don't you be your own damned bestfriend?" I'd never heard Leah yell like that. Well to me. This was our first real argument. And it doesn't seem like there's any coming back from this. I'm such a screw up.

The music came to an abrupt halt and Tyra's annoying ass voice sounded through the speakers. She asked everyone to cram into her living room. Despite it's area and high ceiling, the number of people made the room feel incredibly tiny.

"Well, looky here! If it isn't the birthday girl! Maliya James!" Tyra screeched. I was confused. She's going to embarrass. I quickly headed for the door but people were in the way.

"Hey now! Don't leave. Bring her up here, someone," she smiled. That shit was so artificial I could remove it with a chalk board eraser. But in all actuality, I wanted to punch her teeth out.

Within seconds, I was effortless lifted off the ground by two buff guys.

"Put me down," I ordered. No one listened, of course.

They placed me on my feet next to Tyra and the dj's setup.

"Everyone, let's sing happy birthday!" Tyra suggested.

I was flustered as the people in the crowd sang happy birthday. I know Tyra and the things she does does are never out of the kindness in her heart.

"Okay, so there will be a showing in our movie room! And it's starring the birthday girl!" Tyra gushed, but it was blatantly fake. She grabbed my arm and a hoard of people followed.

I'm starring? I never agreed to be in anyone's film.

She looked back at me with a menacing smirk.

°

°

°

Oooo shit 😓

Vote, Comment, Share ❤

(Maliya in mm)