Chapter 31

Xara

"Congratulations!" My cousin Brenda said as she smiled, pulling me into a hug. She chuckled as my large baby bump poked her in her stomach.

"Thank you," I beamed smiling.

"I still can't believe my baby cousin is pregnant," she let me go. I smiled back politely. "I can't believe it either," I shrugged. I looked around at all of my family and friends who came out to my baby shower. It was a beautiful way to celebrate but I grew sick to my stomach knowing that I was pregnant with Keith's baby and due in less than three weeks. I wanted to tell him but I didn't know how to. After our argument and him hitting me he left, without a trace and changed his number. The next time I saw him, he was on my T.V.

Crazy how life works, isn't it?

Stepping away from everyone, I quickly disappeared from my mother's backyard and went into the house. I locked myself in a bathroom and sniffed as I cried, leaning against the door.

Maliya

"You really do look amazing," Bryshere said as we sat in front of our meals.

"You said that four times already," I chuckled, nervously sipping my water.

"I know... I was just trying to-"

"It's okay," I smiled reassuringly.

So far, the date hasn't been horrible but it hasn't been great. The conversation was always short and there was a blatant awkwardness and tension. We both had questions for each other we were dying to ask but neither of us could muster up the courage to actually ask them. So consequently, we sat there waiting for the night to be over.

"Have you moved on from me? Or did you ever really even love me?" Bryshere caught me by surprise. He eyes rested on me face and I wiped my mouth with the cloth before setting it beside my plate.

"I wouldn't say that I never loved you, Bry," we were looking directly into each other's eyes, "because I did love you and I still do love you... it's just that I- I'm not in love with you."

He nodded slowly and looked down at his plate, "Oh... okay." He shrugged like he didn't care too much but I knew that I'd hurt him. I felt bad and relieved because I finally said something I really meant. That means I'm just a few more steps closer to getting what I want.

Keith

"But you have to come! It's my fifth birthday!" Skylar pleaded through face time. I chuckled as she battered her eyelashes over her big eyes.

"I start shooting the movie the very next day, Sky. But for you I'll do anything, alright? I'll be there."

"Yay! Yay! Yay! Mommy! Keith said he's coming for my birthday!"

-

I huffed as I packed a bag. I didn't need to take much. I was only packing for one night. I was happy that I would get to see my family again but I couldn't help but to feel an unsettling feeling. I mean I love my home but there are a lot painful memories that I left in Illinois. Something just didn't sit right with me going back.

Heyyy guys Author here! This one's short because next one is going to be... whew chile. Sooo how y'all feel about Xara being pregnant?! Do y'all think Maliya has FINALLY cut ties with Bryshere? And what's gonna happen when Keith goes back home? 🤔🤔