Chapter 24 (part one)

I just wanted to get a chapter in because people have been getting on me to update 😂 this is just part one.

Maliya

July 31

Today marks the day I officially start my job. My dad offered me a part time job at his recording studio downtown. I'll be working with Maxine, the engineer. Even though attaining the job was fairly easy, I choose to work hard and efficiently. Since my dad has been producing his mini series for BET, he hasn't really been around much but he'll be at the studio with some of the stars so they can record a few songs,so I'm excited about that.

"Maliya, come and eat!"  Justice and Judea called out from behind my door. They aren't there for long because I hear their mischievous footsteps pattering across the floor. They're always running around causing trouble. Cute trouble though.

Closing my journal, I sighed and slid from off of my bed. I walked down the long staircase that led into the family room then rounded my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning," Jess greeted me as I sat at the table.

"Morning Jess." I said back. Jessica is a pretty and slender woman. My first time meeting her was awkward but she was nice. I honestly didn't want to like her but she was just too nice.

I stabbed at the pancakes on my plate and forked a piece into my mouth. Jess is a pretty good cook so all of her food goes down easily and I'm out the door within minutes.

I hopped into my car,(did I mention that I drive now? Eeeep), and typed the address to the studio into the GPS. I was still trying to learn La so what better way to do it than go places by myself? Absent mindedly humming to the radio, I nodded my head as a light turned green.

"Turn left in one quarter of a mile."

I continued down Sunset then turned left on a smaller street.

"Your destination is on the right."

I sensed a familiarity with the place because I've been here before. My dad showed me around prior to this day so I'd know what I have to do. My confidence blazed as I stepped into the lobby. I was ready to start another new chapter in my life.

"Good Morning Ms. James. Your father is waiting for you in studio four," Ziara said from behind the desk.

I nodded in acknowledgment and got on the elevator, going up.

°
The elevator dinged and I stepped out. I opened the door to studio four, poking my head in. "Hello?"

"Maliya, come in." I heard my dad say.

Once I entered the room, I noticed my dad was accompanied by four other people. Maxine, and three very fine chocolate men.

I greeted my dad and he proceeded to introduce me to the three guys.

"Elijah, Luke, Algee, this is my daughter, Maliya," he began. "Maliya, this is Elijah Kelley, Luke James and Algee Smith."

"Hi," a nervous smile spread across my lips as they waved in sync.

My dad shot me a look and I instantly straightened up. "You'll be working with them for the soundtrack of their movie along side Michel King, the song writer. He should be h- "

My dad's statement was cut short by a person entering the room. My face grew hot when our eyes met. I was at a loss of words and I'm pretty sure our surprised expressions were conspicuous.

"Uh, Maliya this is our friend Keith Powers," Algee jumped in.

I stared Keith down. He looks amazing right now. My emotions are bouncing all over the place. I wanted to yell. But then crying also sounds like an option. Part of me wants to hug him and the rest wants to kiss him.

"Hello, nice to meet you," Keith said casually.

"Hi," I smiled forcefully.

Great...Just when I thought I'd be starting a new chapter in life.

To be continued...

°°°