Chapter 3

It's Saturday night and Michelle wasn't supposed to be home until Sunday, but she goes home anyway. She's too tired to go all the way back to Angela's house, so she just goes home. When she gets home she sees her Auntie talking on the phone.

"Yeah, okay I gotta go, bye Cara."

The phone hangs up.

"Auntie was that mom?" Michelle asks.

"Yes, she was calling from rehab."

"Did she say anything about me or Jenni?"

"Yes she asked about y'all, I said you were doing fine. What are you doing home?"

"Homesick much."

"Okay well I'll let you talk to your mother tomorrow."

Michelle missed her mother very much. She used to do everything with her. She was the nicest person ever as Michelle would say. She tries to hide how much she misses her because she doesn't like her sister being "corny" about things like that.

Michelle knocks on Jennifer's bedroom door.

"Hey big head" Michelle teases her sister.

"Sit down let me talk to you."

"Fine Miss Grouchy pants."

"You don't know what happened to me do you?"

"If I did you wouldn't be asking me duh."

It was a short silence.

"Michelle, when I was 13 my crush raped me."

It was more silence.

"Jennifer I didn't kno-"

"When I was 13. He raped me, he was the most finest boy ever. He invited me to his house party, I said yes. I went to his house and I danced with my friends and he pulled me to the side and looked at me with his big brown eyes, he asked me if I wanted to see his Jordan's , I said yes like a dumb ass. But anyways when we got to his room he starting saying these things about me like how beautiful I am how thick I am how gorgeous I am. He kissed me. He kept kissing and I kissed him back. He touched me, he rubbed me, he hurt me. "Stop." I said, "No." I said, "I don't want to" I said . "Shh" he said . "Be quiet " he said "you'll like it" he said I promise. He got on top of me and pinned me down, I couldn't get him off of me no matter how hard I fought back. I cried, I cried so hard. I was just 13 and to see you fucking around just makes me sick! I got pregnant too. I told mama and I got an abortion. Only me mama and auntie knew about it. I was scared and you don't understand."

"Jenni I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I'm not gonna stop having sex because of something that happened to you. That's your problem."

"Oh my fucking gosh, really Michelle? Really?! I'm tryna help you! You're just 13 years old! I don't want you to be pregnant, I'm just trying to be a good sister."

"If you wanna be a good sister you can stay out of my damn business, life, everything."

"Okay fine. If that's what you want that's what you get."

Jennifer goes downstairs and the doorbell rings.

"I got it!"

"Oh my god." Says Jennifer.

"Hey."

"I can't believe it. It's you."

Jennifer stands there with a blank expression on her face. It's Lucas Brown, her rapist.

"No, no go away! Go away I hate you!"

Jennifer said with tears flowing from her face. The last time she saw him was the last year of middle school, when highschool started she didn't see him again, it's like he vanished.

"Jennifer please just let me talk, I promise I won't hurt you."

"Fine, come in."

Jennifer sits down on the couch while Lucas sits in the sofa.

"Okay Jennifer I am very sorry for what I did to you. I wasn't thinking straight and now that I'm older I realize that what I did was wrong. I know you're not going to forgive me, but I just wanted you to know that. I have a girlfriend of 2 years and we're expecting a baby."

Jennifer inhales, she thinks about that night.

Flashback

"Jennifer come to the party it'll be fun!"

"Of course I'm coming Lucas the finest boy in this world invited me, I've liked him for the longest!"

"Him? Lucas? Lucas invited you?"

"Yeah what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, just y'know I liked him I just thought he liked me."

Later that evening...

The two girls arrive at the party...

"Look, there's Lucas!"

Jennifer fixes her shirt and shows cleavage and it shows her belly-button. She has on some white ripped shorts and the gamma blues. The two girls were dancing and having fun.

"Hey Jennifer."

"H- Hi Lucas."

"You look so fine."

"Thanks."

"Wanna go upstairs and see my Jays collection?"

"Yes"

She follows Lucas up the stairs and he showed her his shoe collection.

"Woah these shoes are dope as hell."

"Yeah, I know right. Imma buy you a pair."

They both laugh.

Lucas leaned in for a kiss. Jennifer kissed back. They started kissing he started touching her and rubbing her.

"Stop, Lucas stop!"

"Be quiet, you'll like it."

"Get off of me, no Lucas!"

3 weeks later...

"Jennifer, mama said get ready to go to to the doctor."

"Okay little girl"

Jennifer goes and tickle her sister until she falls out from laughing. Jennifer and Michelle always play with each other. They were so close. Were.

Jennifer hurrys downstairs.

"Jennifer, I appreciate you telling me. I'm glad you told me. It's just gonna hurt okay?"

Jennifer looked into her mothers eyes.

"I love you Jennifer."

"I love you too mama."

Jennifer remembers her abortion. She cried and cried after that.

Flashback over.

"I appreciate you coming Lucas."

"I just had to tell you, it wouldn't be right."

Jennifer nodded and leaded him out the door.

"Have a nice life Lucas."