Chapter 3: Our day off

The first thing I did when I woke up was text Clair and ask her how she's doing. I checked the time 10:30 gosh it was late, I got up and got dressed.

I walked into loser class and sat in between Alejandro and Noah

" get enough beauty sleep sleeping beauty?" Alejandro asked.
"Please don't call me that, prince Ali"
"Where are we going today?"
"Nowhere, we have a day off"
I got up to get some food and went back to my room to practice my dancing. I love to dance and sing but I can't perform on stage or in front of people like Clair, the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. I was in the middle of my routine when Dad came in and asked why I wasn't with Izzy and the boys.
"I'm shy and I don't know how to talk to them" I said,
"You could try music, show them who you are through a song"
"Dad that's Clair, that's not me"
"Just give it a try"
"what if they judge me like the kids at school?"
"If they do I'll punish them."
I shrugged then grabbed my acoustic guitar and walked to the common area.

Noah
I saw Amanda setting up music stuff she was getting ready to perform or something like that, she so pretty. "Wait was that out loud? Noah focus on the game."

Amanda
"Hey everyone I'm going to play a song, and yeah my dad's kinda making me, this is one my sister and I wrote together some time after our mom left us, it is about her specifically, but please don't judge me" I said and began.
Instead of baby it's mama

When I finished everyone clapped and cheered, I got a whistle from Gwen.
"Thanks guys"
My team and I walked back to economy class.
"That was awesome Amanda" Noah said. "But why would we judge you? we're not like that"
"I know it's just... well that's not important right now" I replied. Anyway now you know about my family, I have a sister, Chris is my dad and my mom is not part of my life anymore. we'll talk about me later."
"Were ok with that tell us when you're ready" Tyler said, and if you could please sing more you're awesome and have a great voice.
"Thanks" I said smiling.
"You're ok though right?" Noah asked, I gave a smile and nodded.  I'm not completely ok I hate being judged or outcasted and I always feel like I don't fit in. //confession: "I didn't want to do that I felt queasy, like I told dad I'm not Clair I'm Amanda, but performing music may not be so bad? I don't know, part of me enjoyed it, who knows ? Maybe I'll do more But I'm not making any promises, I'm still not completely confident about all of this performing stuff, it's gonna take some time but I'll deal with it for the singing challenges every week, but just for my dad. I think he just wants to help me and I respect that. end of confession.//

Noah
Amanda has a great voice it's too bad she's shy about performing I'd love to see her sing more she's beautiful and... smart and... no stop Noah focus on the prize not a new girlfriend.

Amanda
I popped into first class to see the girls, Sierra gave me a friendly greeting.
"Hi Amanda, you're an awesome singer, you're like a total rock star"
"Thank you Sierra, how are the rest of you? Everything ok in here?"
"Yeah were good" Heather said. "Where's our next destination?"
"Sorry I'm not allowed to say"
The rest of the day we just chilled and got to know each other, Heather and I discussed our favorite things.
Heather Amanda

Movie: mean girls /blended

Color: green/rose gold

Animal: panda/elephant

Food: cheese cake / steak

Disney princess: jasmine/ Arora

Tv show: once upon a time/ pretty little lairs

I still stayed a bit quiet, like I said one little performance doesn't just automatically change everything, I may or may not take my walls down, I'll just have to see as the season goes on but I still do have my walls, and they're there for a reason, and they're up for now. I don't want to mess up again, I have a whole new opportunity to make friends, I just hope I can keep them and fit in. I wish I could be as popular and cool as Clair, she's fearless, nothing ever stops her, I want to have her confidence it'll just have to be something for me to work on but I know I've got friends who love me no matter what and that's an amazing feeling to have I know I can tear my walls down as soon as I'm ready.