Walking

Aaron and I walked for a while just talking about random things like school and things we like.

"Are you excited for school tomorrow?" Aaron said.

"Yeah but I think I'm gonna get lost." I said with a little laugh.

"I can show you around. If you need help getting to any classes, just ask me and ill show you."

"Okay. Thanks."

"It may be hard to talk about, but what happened to your father?" Aaron said a little nervous.

"Oh. Um yeah. I can tell you."

"It's okay if you don't want to."

"It was about two years ago. I was at school and I got called to the office where my mother was. I knew something was wrong because her eyes were wet and puffy. Then she sat me down and told me that..." I trailed off a little feeling tears come to my eyes. I blinked them away.

"That my father had been in a car accident. A drunk driver had hit him right on the drivers side and..." I had tears coming down my face by now.

"That he didn't make it. That's when my mother had started to get mean with me." By now, there were tears streaming down my face. Aaron had just pulled me into him and now I had my head in his chest crying.

"Shhhh. It's okay. I'm so so sorry. If you ever need to talk, I'm always here for you." Aaron said with much sympathy.

I felt so safe in his arms. It felt like I was safe from everything that could possibly get me. I didn't want leave.

I finally calmed down a little and I sat up.

"Are you okay?" Said Aaron.

I looked up at him.

"Yeah. I am now. Thanks for being here for me. It means so much."

"No problem. I care about you, Ana. I don't want you getting hurt."

Wow. Somebody actually cares about me.this came as a surprise to me.

"You, you care about me?" I said very surprised.

"Of course I do! Whoever doesn't are idiots."

"Well, then the world is full if idiots... You are the only one who actually cares."

"I'm sure thy isn't true."

"Well my mom sure doesn't. You are the only other person i have." He looked into my eyes. I felt he was looking into my soul. Those deep blue eyes melted me.

"And I'm happy to be that person."

Then, he started to get closer. Just when we were about to kiss, I saw my wide-eyed mother in the window.

I quickly stood up and he stood up too.

"What's wrong?" Said Aaron.

"Oh um, nothing. Nothing is wrong. I just gotta go. Bye. Ill text you."

Then I ran into the house. I was just about to say something when I felt a sting in my face. No. This can't be happening again.