Hospital

I was nervous to see what they would do when I told them my mother beat me. I really don't wanna leave. I can't leave. Aaron means so much to me already. We walked into the doctors office and signed in. Aaron and I sat in the waiting room. Aaron looked over at me and I think he could see the fear in my eyes. He grabbed my hand.

"It's going to be ok." Said Aaron soothingly, "I promise." That made me feel a little better and I softened up.

"Ana Smith?" I heard the nurse call. I stood up and she gave me a warm smile. Aaron and I followed her to the room where my doctor would see me.

"The doctor will be with you in a few minutes." Said the nurse then she left the room, closing the door behind her.

I was sitting on the bed while Aaron was standing by the door. I looked at him and he came over and sat on the bed with me. I put my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me.

"It's all gonna be ok."

"I just don't wanna be taken from here." I said sadly.

"Don't worry. It's all gonna be ok."

Then there was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in. He looked like he was in his mid 50's. He greeted me with a warm smile.

"Well, you must be Miss. Ana Smith!" Said the doctor while shaking my hand.

"I'm Dr. Omar. What seems to be the problem?" I paused and looked at Aaron. He gave me an assuring look telling me that I needed to tell him.

"Um. I have bruises and scratches and I want to see if there's anything wrong."

"Where did you get these bruises and scratches from, Miss. Smith?" Asked Dr. Omar. I felt a lump in my throat making it hard to speak.

"Um. My-my mom. She, um, she-" I got cut off by Aaron.

"Hi. I'm Aaron. I'm Ana's boyfriend. She is trying to say that her mother has been beating her." Aaron told the doctor. When he told him, the doctor had concerned eyes. Boyfriend. I liked the sound of that.

"Oh. Ana, why has your mother been beating you?"

"For no reason really. She t-tells me that I'm, I'm worthless and a mistake." I stuttered. I started to tear up. I didn't feel comfortable telling the doctor this.

"I'm going to need to examine you to make sure there is nothing eternally damaged." The doctor handed me a gown and told me I need to take off my shirt and pants. He left the room to let me change. Aaron was about to leave but I told him he could stay since he already saw me in my bra when I showed him the bruises. I took off my shirt and put on the gown. Then I took off my pants. We called the doctor back in and he took us to the room to get my x-rays. I laid on the table where they took my x-rays and Aaron sat in a chair right beside me.

"Ok Miss. Smith, take a big breath and hold it." Dr. Omar said. After he got all of my x-rays, I had to get an MRI to make sure there was no eternal bleeding. It took about 40 minutes in the MRI. We had to wait in the waiting room for a while so the doctor could get the results. I was scared to see them but more scared to see what they would do about my mother. We have been at the hospital for 3 hours now. I was getting tired. Right when I was about to fall asleep on Aaron's shoulder, the doctor came in. I sat up so I would stay awake. Aaron grabbed my hand so I would feel less nervous.

"Well, miss. Smith, I have good news and bad news." Said Dr. Omar. Oh no. I was regretting hearing those words.