Nightmares haunt

I woke up in a dark room. I looked around. There were no windows. Just a dim lightbulb in the middle of the ceiling that let off very little light. I was getting a little nervous. I got up and walked around the room, searching for a door. I couldn't find one. Ok. Now I was officially freaking out. Then I saw something emerging from the shadows. I couldn't figure out the face until I heard a bitter voice.

"Hello there. Long Time no see."

I knew that voice from anywhere. It was the voice that I heard when I was growing up. The voice that I heard every single day. It was my mothers voice.

"Wha-what are y-you doing here?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"Aw don't you miss your mommy?" She said in a bitter voice. "I thought I would take a visit to see my loving daughter since you put me in a prison!" She said getting angry. I was too scared to speak. "Why would you put me in a prison?! Your own mother!" She said then she slapped me. "I took care of you your entire life!" My Mother said.

"I gave you everything and how do you repay me? You put me in a prison!" Then she slapped me again. I was scared and sad but angry at the same time. She said that's he took care of me. Mothers don't beat there children till they pass out.

"How did you take care of me?! Maybe for the first half of my life but then you started to beat me till I passed out! And you told me I was an ungrateful daughter?! What kind of mother are you?! You never gave me anything. ANYTHING!" I said and I was crying and yelling all at the same time. Then I felt a pain hit my stomach. She had punched me in my stomach and I fell to the ground unable to get up.

"You put me in prison and now you are getting what you deserve!" My mother said and she started to kick me in my stomach as hard as she possibly could. She didn't stop. I started to scream. Then, I woke up and i was still screaming. It was a dream. All just a bad nightmare. I started to bawl. I put my face in my hands and sat up. My past is haunting me. This made me so upset an I started to bawl a lot more.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong?" Aaron said in a concerned voice as he sat up. I couldn't answer. I was bawling too much and couldn't speak. I just started to bawl more. Aaron wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair. I put my head on his bare chest and cried.

"Shhhhh. It's okay. Calm down. It's all okay." Aaron said and squeezed me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I started to calm down a little more as he stroked my hair. I picked up my head off of his chest and he looked at me.

"Do you think you can tell me what's wrong now?" Aaron said. I nodded.

"I had a dream. Nightmare. I was in a dark room with my mother. She was telling me how I was an ungrateful daughter because i put her in jail. Then she started to beat me. I fell and she kicked me as hard as she could. Then I woke up." I said as tears fell from my eyes once again and I started to cry. Aaron held me tighter.

"Shh. It's okay. You are safe now. I promise. Your mother is getting help. She can't hurt you now." Aaron said soothingly.

"But what If the help doesn't work? When she gets out of prison she will find me and start to beat me again!" I said while crying.

"It will all be okay. I promise you that as long as you are with me, you won't get hurt. You are and always will be safe with me, babe." I forced a smile. He made me feel so much better. I put my head I his chest. We lied back down and he put his arms around me as I snuggled up to him.

"I love you, Ana." Aaron said.

"I love you too, Aaron." I said right as I fell asleep.