Movie day

I woke up at 9:00 and Aaron was still asleep. I leaned over and kissed him lightly on the lips. I saw him smile and open one eye.

"Well good morning to you too." Aaron said with a smile. I smiled in return.

"Good morning." I said. Aaron sat up.

"Are you okay now?" Aaron said seriously.

"I guess." I said but I was lying. I felt really upset still. I just don't want to show it.

"I know that isn't true." Aaron said. Crap. How did he know?

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Because I'm your boyfriend and I'm supposed to know things like that." Aaron said with a little smile.

"Now, what's wrong?" Aaron said while putting his arm around me.

"The nightmare last night," I said while looking up at him, "it's like my past is haunting me. It's scary. What if when she gets out this would really happen?" I said with my voice shaky.

"That won't happen. Your mother is getting help. She won't hurt you. I told you all of this last night. As long as you are with me, you will be safe." Aaron said.

"It's just hard to think that my mother beat me. She was there for me through everything. Until my dad died. Then it all changed. She started to drink more. She started to be mean. She started to not care anymore. And then she started to beat me." I said as a tear rolled down my face. Aaron pulled me into a tight hug.

"It's okay. You are with better people and who knows, maybe it will change when she gets out. Maybe she will be a better person and care for you." Aaron said and looked at me. "We should do something today." Aaron said. "Something fun."

"Okay. But what?" I said. Aaron put a hand on his chin pretending to think hard. I giggled a little.

"Hmmmm. Aha! How about we watch movies all day in the living room? We can have a movie day. Just the two of us. My parents are working today." Aaron said excitedly. I made a thinking face.

"Depends what movies we watch." I told Aaron.

"Any movie you want. I just have to approve." Aaron said.

"Deal!" I said shaking his hand.

"Race you downstairs!" Aaron said and ran down the stairs.

"Hey! That isn't fair!" I said laughing, "you got a head start!" I ran down the stairs and tackled Aaron to the ground. He kissed me on the lips and I smiled in return.

"So are we gonna watch movies or what?" Aaron said with a smile. I smiled, got up, and jumped onto the couch.

"The selections of movies for the day are The Notebook, Toy Story 1,2 & 3, The Conjuring, and Titanic," Aaron said with a movie theater voice, "which should we watch first?"

"Hmmm. How about This: First, Toy Story 1,2 & 3, then The Conjuring, then Titanic, and last The notebook." I said.

"I like it. Top off the perfect day with the perfect movie." Aaron said then popped Toy Story into the DVD player. This was going to be the best day ever!