Bad memories, new beginning

It took two hours for me to get moved into my new room. Luckily, they had an extra room. I got everything hung and put in place. We had eaten dinner a little bit ago so I was now full. I noticed a box I forgot to unpack on my bed. I went over To it and opened it up. It was the ripped picture of my father and I and the glass that had shattered. I forgot I had put it in a box after all of the stuff happened. Then I noticed a piece of glass with a red tint to it. It was the piece of glass that I had used to cut my wrists with. I picked it up and gave it a long look. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked back. It was Aaron. He sat on my bed with me and put his arm around me. Then he took the piece Of glass out of my hand and looked at me. I looked down feeling ashamed that I had ever done that. But he picked my head up with his two fingers and looked me in the eyes.

"I know this is a bad memory. But remember this: it makes you realize what you have now and how much better it all is." Aaron said. Then he kissed my lips lightly. He took out the ripped picture pieces and put them together like a puzzle on my bed. He got off of my bed and went to my desk. He got a few pieces of tape and came back to me. He stuck the pieces of tape Onto the picture of my dad and I. It made a full picture now and I took it into my hands and smiled. I looked at him as a single tear fell down my face and hugged him. He rubbed my back as I cried.

"It's okay. Your father is very proud of you. I'm sure of it." Aaron said in sympathy. We fell out Of a hug but into a kiss. Then, we put our foreheads together and looked into each others eyes. We lied down on my bed as he played with my hair, his arms embracing me still. We were silent. You could hear us both breathing but it wasn't awkward, it was...nice. I turned so I was facing him and burrowed my head in his chest. He played with my hair and I felt safe and sound. This was my new home. Not a new house, home.