Chapter Four

***trigger warning***

"No! Stop! Get away from me!" I yell, trying to shake my arm out of Mom's tight hold. "Let go! Let go of me!" Caden's watching the whole situation unfold in terror. My eyes fill with tears and my cheek burns. She just hit me. "Let me go!" I pull back with force, but my skin only pulls more in her grip. I scream, thrashing and desperately trying to break free, to no use. Caden just stands there, watching, doing nothing. 

Then Sebastian's there. Next to Caden, he stands. He's laughing, smiling as he sees what's happening. He enjoys seeing me like this. Mom's foot comes in contact with my bad knee, and my legs buckle. I hit the ground hard. No movement from the two boys nearby. Mom puts her foot on my stomach, and twists. I scream out, tears flowing from my eyes. 

"Lottie! Lottie!"

"Lottie!"

I shoot up with a scream, panting as tears fall from my eyes. I can barely breathe. "Lottie, Lottie I'm here. Breathe," Remington leans up, putting his hand on my stomach. "Deep breaths. In for three, out for three. Focus on the sound of my voice, you're alright." 

"B-Bad d-d-dream,"

"I know, I know. But listen; I'm right here and you're completely safe. I promise. Deep breaths, everything's okay. In for three seconds, out for three. Everything's okay; see, you're doing it!" 

In a few minutes, I'm breathing again. Remington gives me a hug. "I need to talk to you and Emerson," I mutter. 

"Okay, that's fine. C'mon, let's go get him." 

Remington helps me into a new hoodie, then puts his arm around me and assists me in shuffling out the back of the van. He tightens his hold around my mid-section and jogs us across to the venue they're playing tonight. "He should be upstairs," I nod, and head up the spiral staircase with him. 

As soon as we're at the top, Emerson throws himself at me. I stumble, and Remington catches me. His tears soak my collarbone and shoulder. I look to Remington confused, but hug Emerson back nonetheless. "I-I read your letters," I stop breathing. My chest tightens. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"I-I," I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry,"

"No, no. I'm sorry," He tightens his hold on me. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you sooner." I fully break down now, my knees caving as I sob. Emerson and I are on the ground in seconds. 

"I had a dream," I cry onto his chest. "I didn't like it,"

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry. I just had to get out. I trusted Remington with you and you were just....screaming,"

"Emerson-"

"Breathe, Lottie. You don't have to go back." He pulls me closer to him. "I'm never gonna stop fighting for you. I don't care what the courts say, I will never let you go back there. You're mine, I'm going to protect you." Remington kneels beside us, wrapping his arms around both of us. We're all crying.

"I don't wanna go back there,"

"And you won't have to," Emerson says.

"We won't give up on you, Lottie. Not until the day we die,"

"Why?" I sniffle. 

"Because," Emerson sighs. "I care about you too much to let you go"

**A/N: HI SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW IM SORRY BUT I CRIED WRITING THIS ITS SO CUTE AND SAD AND SOPPY AND UGH. IT DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT ADDING ONTO THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. BUT YEAH THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND I'LL TRY TO MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER LONGER

!! Ryan !!**