Chapter Thirty-Seven

The time between Thanksgiving and now practically flew by. It was a haze of shopping, appointments, a growing belly (and baby), and baby-proofing the new house. We've moved into Stephanie's place now in Anaheim. It's actually about a twenty-five minute walk from Disneyland. I switched doctors and hospitals again; this time to Dr. Kimberly, who will guide me in delivering at Anaheim Regional Medical Center. I'm 21 weeks and four days. Tomorrow is Christmas already. My baby name list has changed drastically, but I still haven't decided. The nursery work has also begun. It'll be directly in between mine and Sebastian's rooms and across from Remington's. That's where I trust it to be.

I just saw Dr. Kimberly today. We did some tests and evaluations as well as an ultrasound. Remington accompanied me. I need to be accompanied everywhere now. My bump is huge. It's not even funny. I'm currently sitting across from Stephanie packing some things from today's trip to Babies R Us into my Hospital Bag. It has to be ready and fully packed my the time I hit my third trimester. Dr. Kimberly says I could give birth as early as twenty-eight weeks, although in her opinion it's more likely for me to go around 36 weeks. Still, we have to be prepared for Baby Kropp to come early if he pleases.

I fold the blanket we bought today and tuck it into the solid black duffel bag before me. It's yellow with an embroidered duck in the corner. No blue. I refuse to subject my baby boy to the standards of society.

"How big?" Steph asks, looking up from her phone.

"Carrot size. I saw Dr. Kimberly at one and he's right on track!" She cracks a smile before looking back down. I open the notebook beside me, studying the names lined up, which have changed quite a bit. A kick hits at the same time as a Braxton-Hicks, and I reach for Stephanie. "H-Help me shift," He won't stop kicking and I know the pre-contraction won't stop until I move. I try a few different positions, eventually getting comfortable with my legs beside me and my left arm supporting the rest of my body weight. My eyes flicker back down to my baby names as hammering begins in the nursery in the next room over.

Christian

Elijah

Connor

Benjamin

Caleb

Carter

Scott

Avriel

Kasper

Benny

Ali

"Maybe we can get your name down tonight when Caden and Jeremy get here?" Stephanie suggests. "The embroider and woodworkers need it soon for little man's room." 

"I'd like that." I smile, tucking a pair of earbuds into the hospital bag. "That's all we have right now, Steph,"

"Well then let's go downstairs and wait for the couple of the hour." I smile, and allow her to help me up off the floor. I head for the spiral descending staircase, flinging myself into Jeremy's arms as soon as I'm in the kitchen.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm sitting next to Sebastian, my head on his shoulder and my hand on my kicking belly. Emerson is on the other side of me, Remington on the end of the breakfast bar. Caden and Jeremy are directly across from me, with Stephanie on the end next to Sebastian. After two hours of debates, my little baby boy has a name. Stephanie has just placed all the personalized items that needed to be ordered. My phone dings. Remington has just posted a photo of my ultrasound for today.

See you soon Mister Elijah Scott Kropp