Epilogue

Lottie Rose was dragged back to Buffalo no matter what she tried to do to stop them. Sure, her grandparents were better, but it didn't mean her mother didn't try to find a way to hurt her.

The boys she loved with all her heart were not allowed to contact her under a court order. Lottie blamed herself. All she wanted was her boys and she couldn't have them. The only reason she didn't sign the papers is because she was taken away too soon. Her grandparents dragged her out of that Courthouse before she had the chance to make the best decision of her life.

"My fault; my fault." Lottie recited, beating her bed. Caden and Jeremy tried desperately to calm her down but nothing helped. Nothing would work besides the boys and they were gone from her life forever. Sure she still had Tree and Awsten but they hadn't taken care of her for the past year. It wasn't the same. Every single fucking night she would cry and cut and feel utterly worthless. Because without the boys she only knew how to tear herself down; not build herself up.

All the boys wanted was their daughter back. They fought and fought with people in both States; the best lawyers, but nothing nothing would bring her back. Not alive, anyways.

On July 5th of the same year, Caden found his best friend hanging in the air, not a single breath of life left in her body. He screamed and he cried as he cut her down and he tried to save her. But Lottie had already made her choice. She did not want to stay any longer without the people she loved. Jeremy called an ambulance, but all they did was stick tubes in her and call it a day.

Remington, Sebastian, Emerson, Awsten, Tree, Stephanie, Shy, Nona, Caden, and Jeremy had to watch the light of their life be buried on a bed of blue roses on July 11th, just a few months after she was taken away.

Lottie had hidden letters to each of the people in her life she loved. They were found and cherished. Her last moments were spent thinking of how incredible the boys had made her life. She would miss this world, but she would be happier up where she was, wherever that may be. The boys continued touring. It's what she would have wanted. They knew that. Her letter to Remington specifically stated to not stop stop their lives for her. She would be happier; all that mattered is that she would be happier. Right?

What was the worst part?

Elijah never knew his mom.