Chapter Eight

My classmates surrounding me yell out different hellos and greetings at the laptop as the boys' and Stephanie's faces pop up. "Hi, Lottie! Hi, Lottie's friends! Hi, Caden!" Stephanie yells. I smile and wave back. I notice Emerson nodding off, and realize it's roughly six a.m. in California. As his head falls for the seventh time, Remington grabs a cup of water and ice and pours it on his head. Emerson screams, and shoves Remington off the bed. 

"Holy shit," Caden whispers to me. I laugh and nod. 

"Introduce us to your friends, Lottie." Sebastian says. I nod, and turn around, pointing to each person and introducing them. Emerson says hi to each one of them, and when I turn back around to the computer Remington's back in frame. He's in a panda onesie, and I smile. 

"Don't laugh at me," He teases and sticks his tongue out. I do it back. "You meanie!"

"You started it!"

"Children!" Stephanie laughs. "Calm," 

A frown takes over my features as the bell rings. Behind me, my family pouts. "Alright, guys. I gotta go. Go get some sleep. I'll call you back tonight. I love you,"

"I love you, too!" Emerson yells, and then I shut my laptop. I put it back in my bag, and grab my stuff for Lessons In Lyrics and head to Mrs. K's class. 

"They're so sweet," Caden says from the other side of me. "Even with Emerson shoving Remington," I crack a smile. They're so abusive to each other. With a smile on my face, I enter room 314 with Caden at my side. We take most of our classes together. Caden's semi-popular, but nobody talks to me but him.  People always tease him for hanging out with me. He's on the lacrosse team, so everybody loves him. I sigh, and take my seat in the back next to Caden. Opening the notebook, I see the lyrics we'll be breaking down today and gasp.

Death Is A Party Invite All Your FriendsPalaye Royale. 4/30.

I drop my head on the table, and when Caden sees his hand comes down onto my back. It's like they know. Like in this class we do rock music all the time but now it just has to be Palaye? Fuck I miss them so much. 

"Please," I whimper out loud. "Come back,"

%%%%%%%

"Lottie-"

"Don't talk to me," I say, running up the stairs. I sigh. When will they get it? I don't wanna be around them. I don't wanna be here. I wanna be with the boys. I hate it here. I wish they'd just leave me alone. 

Speak of the devil, I hit accept on a call from them I see coming through. Remington appears onscreen, and I smile and wave at him. "Hi!" I yell, my mood instantly improving at the sight of him. 

"Hi! I missed you! How was the rest of school? Your classmates seem really nice,"

"We're family, not friends. So I just stuck with Caden cause I'm kinda the black sheep outcast of the "family". I don't know people are just uncomfortable around me and they think I'm weird."

"Well I think you're amazing," I smile back at Remington.

"Thank you," I blush. 

The door to my 'bedroom' flies open. My eyes go wide and I scream. I cower away, and I can't even take the time to see Remington. "Mom! Don't touch me!" She pulls me off the bed, and hits me. My head smacks against the wall, and the last thing I remember is Remington screaming for Sebastian.