The new girl

"It is time to wake up. It is time to wake up. It is time to-"

        The robotic voice repeated the same short sentence over and over. The same monotonous scratchy, yet feminine voice spoke in her ear at a loud tone.

"Alright that's enough!" a gruff male voice spoke entering the room.

    He grabbed the tiny droid in his large hands, but the droid struggled, denying his advances to turn it off.

"Ah. There we go" He sighed in success.

        The droid stuttered for a moment before turning off, laying lifeless in his hands.

    The short man looked up on the bed and sighed shaking his head.

"Alright princess, Rise and shine" he said.

    He grabbed a chair from her desk placing it in front of the window sill, and stood on it, to open the curtains. He hopped down with a grunt and walked over to her bed, tapping her hip numerous times. She groaned and shuffled slightly.

"Come on hun. Time for school."

"Already...?" her voice portrayed her sleepiness, and her desire to stay in bed.

"What do you mean already? I told you three weeks left"

"But it's only been two.."

"You spent the last week you had on the computer all day"

    She sighed and rolled over, opening her eyes softly to see her father, and his bushy brown beard. The same color as his eyes. He smiled and rubbed her forehead.

"I know you're tired hun, butcha gotta get up ok?" he reassured her "Tell you what. WHen you get home, I'll let you take a nap for as long as you want. Ok?"

"Promise..?" she groaned.

"Promise"

    She sat up slowly, rubbing the sleepies from her (E/C) eyes. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair was messy, and ruffled. Her t-shirt was half on her shoulders, drooping to her collar bone.

"Hit the showers, then get dressed. You've got thirty minutes ok?"

    She nodded and stretched again. Her father leaving the room.

He was a dwarf, unlike her. It was miraculous she'd turned out like a normal human being with his genetics floating somewhere in her gene pool. Knowing that, she'd always thought someone had pissed in her gene pool which let her grow past him. But she never asked. SHe knew what conversation would come afterwards if she did. The birds and the bees.

    She proceeded to doing as told. Showering, getting dressed, and so on. She entered her room to grab her backpack, and looked down at the little alarm clock droid on her desk. It was similar to a small fairy, minus the vibrant color. It was mostly grey with bright blue eyes and the same bright blue for outlines. She turned the poor robot on its back and pressed a button that allowed it to activate again. It fluttered its wings quickly, like a bee, and stood in her palm, thanking her for reactivating her. She smiled and nodded back to it.

    On queue, her father entered again. He paused for a moment, as she set the robot down slowly.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yep. Just grabbing something"

    She grabbed a doodling pad and walked to her father.

~~~~

    The drive to the school was fairly short. They'd driven past unfamiliar homes. Her father was ranting on about the normal rules and conduct of schools. Behave, follow rules, no skipping etc etc.

"Hey" he tapped her leg, causing her to jump.

    She looked at him after composing herself.

"Yes papa?"

"I know you're nervous...but I want you to know, this year I'm gonna go easy on you."

"I don't understand..."

"I'm not gonna ask for as much help in the garage as I normally do, and I won't have you making up anymore invention ideas ok? I'm gonna be more laid back like your mother asked.

"Papa..It's ok. I like helping you out..It's fun"

"Is it really?" he gave her the 'Yeah right' face.

    She snickered.

"Yes. Besides.If it were for me helping you, I wouldn't have the computer now would I?"

"That thing really is your life"

    She looked at him, sitting on his extremely raised seat. His feet had extensions to help him reach the pedals. Inventions of his own. SHe frowned a bit and looked at her hands as she unintentionally fiddled them. Habitual actions she learned over time.

"Papa?"

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Do you think...mom would be proud of me...?"

"Of course she would. She gave her genetics to a brilliant and bright lady like yourself. I'd be shocked if she thought otherwise"

    (Y/N) smiled softly and shut her eyes. She opened them back up, laying them on the school. They'd already arrived at the entrance. All the cars were in the parking lot. None were in the drop off lane, and no students were roaming.

"We must be late..." she sighed.

        Her heart began racing in her chest.

"Maybe a few minutes.." he father looked at her and pat her shoulder. "Listen"

    She looked at him, her chest rising and dropping quickly, while her breath came out in a panicked manner.

"It's gonna be ok. Just march right in there, and say, I'm (Y/N) (L/N). And I'm here to mess this s**t up!"

    She snickered and laughed at her dad. He laughed with her and smiled.

"You're gonna be ok. I promise" he said.

    She nodded and recomposed herself.

"Have a good day."

"Thanks dad. Love you" she said, as she exited the car.

    He waved goodbye to her and drove off as she entered the school. The halls were empty, and quiet. She froze for a moment, and walked through the hallway. She pulled out her folded schedule in her pocket and fidgeted with it for a moment, before checking her first class.

Homeroom-7:30 Mr.Zacharias room 225-A