Hell hath no fury

The next day at school, (Y/N) had walked alone. Of course, Reiner and Bertholdt hadn't been beside her at the time, so she was left to be by herself. She entered the classroom, dressed nicely in a black turtle neck, jeans, and combat boots. 

Immediately, Reiner and Bertholdt looked over at her and smiled upon seeing their beloved (Y/N). However, she paid no mind. She walked into class, but was stopped by Ymir walking up to her, blocking the path to her desk.The two boys watched as Ymir spoke directly to (Y/N), not knowing what was being discussed. 

"Reiner..do you think we should check up on her..?" Bertholdt asked seeming concerned.

Reiner nodded and began to stand, but Ymir led (Y/N) to a seat just in front of Christa. Christa smiled and spoke to (Y/N), who politely engaged in the conversation. She seemed happy after a while of talking. Reiner raised a brow, oblivious to what was going on. Bertholdt in a similar state of confusion.

"Are they just suddenly friends?" Bertholdt asked, staring at (Y/N), as she let Christa play with her (H/C) locks.

"I guess so..." Reiner said softly.

"After that fight? How are they friends?" Connie asked picking up on Reiner and Bertholdt's conversation.

Reiner sat down, never taking his eyes off (Y/N).

Mike entered the class and immediately began the lesson after setting up his belongings on his desk. He walked to the board beginning his usual monotonous lecture, as he began to write notes on the white board with a dry erase marker. He color coded the important parts of the lecture, letting the students copy notes.

From the back, Reiner could hear (Y/N) giggling along with Christa as Ymir teased (Y/N0 playfully, tugging her hair or stealing her stuff. (Y/N) seemed to be enjoying herself.. It confused him. Last he recalled, they were fist fighting in the halls, and now they were playing with each other..?

Ymir made eye contact with Reiner, but only leaned towards (Y/N), whispering something in her ear. (Y/N) looked over at Reiner, who smiled and waved to her. (Y/N) gave him the cold shoulder, ignoring the boy, as she looked down at her notes, writing again.  Reiner felt a bit hurt on the inside.. Why was she ignoring him..? Had he done something wrong. 

~

"Ok everyone, let's begin shall we?" the unfamiliar teacher stood at the front of the class with a sheet of paper in her hand. "Ok, todays just going to be an easy day for all of you. You're getting to free draw" 

A few students cheered in excitement at Miss. Ral's announcement. She pulled out a ton of drawing utensils on the front table, laying them out neatly, keeping them together in their designated areas.

"But-" she interrupted the excitement, holding up a pink pastel "You can only use the items on the table here. Understood?"

"Yes Miss. Ral" the class said simultaneously, some off key with the agreement. 

They stood, and walked up to the front of the class, grabbing the desired utensils. Connie was the first to burst out.

"NO PENCILS!?"

"Are there any pencils on the table Mr. Springer?"

"N-no ma'am..."

Connie proceeded to grabbing a box of colored pencils and sat back at his desk with a loud sigh. (Y/N) and Ymir stood side by side, picking out their choice of tools. (Y/N) taking a colored pencil box with her, while Ymir grabbed multiple pastels.

"You like pastels hm?" (Y/N) asked with a smirk.

"Christa likes the texture. I prefer marker honestly"