Competition

It was about evening, and the rain continued to pour down. It seemed like it would never persist. Bertholdt, (Y/N) and Reiner sat on the couch, television on, but not watching it. 

Bertholdt held her tight enough, she was unable to move. His mouth and nose buried in the crook of her neck, while she sat on his lap. Reiner, head on her lap, eyes closed. (Y/N) had teetered sleep, but the loving grip of the muscled blonde holding her hand had kept her awake. 

The weather man on the tv predicted harsh and heavy rains. Off in the distant thunder cracked through the sky. 

(Y/N) sighed, leaning back into Bertholdt's chest. 

"hey..." Reiner spoke. "I'm getting a bit hungry..."

"I can make us something to eat" (Y/N) replied.

She tried to move off of the couch, but Reiner restrained her, instead moving himself off the couch. 

"I'll  make dinner this time. You need to rest" he said.

"But-"
"no buts. "
"Besides, you made dinner for me already. I think I should repay you"

She nodded, and stretched out her back releasing a popping sound from it. She then turned over, pressing her chest to Bertholdt, and wrapped her arms around his neck. His hands taveled to her lower back. His face slowly turned red. She giggled kissing his cheek. Bertholdt seemed to melt under her touch, loosening his grip on her hips.

"You're so cute..you know that?" she cooed

"I-I am..?"

She nodded once, and layed down against him. 

Reiner had begun preparing an array of foods to make dinner. Whatever it was she was excited for.

"You know were gonna be homebound for a while til' the storm passes" he commented. "Where are we gonna sleep?"
"Oh..right..I forgot about that..."

(Y/N) thought for a moment. 

"My dads going to be out till Thursday. So we can just stay in his room tonight"
"All three of us?" Bertholdt looked at her surprised and confused.

"mhm!"

"A-are you sure that's ok..?"
"Yeah. Its a pretty big bed. We should be fine. Maybe a little small length wise but, we should all be able to fit"

"A big bed for a dwarf huh" Reiner joked.

"Reiner! That's her father you're talking about.." Bertholdt commented.

"It's ok. It is weird isn't it..?" she giggled. "So. Reiner"

"Yeah?"
"What are you making?"

"Well...there wasn't much I could come up with...but you have steaks so I think i'll just cook these up."

"Steak huh"

"Reiner's cooking is really good. Trust me. You'll like it" Bertholdt said.

"Hmm..alright. Ill give it the chance"
~~~
~~~

Reiner had cooked dinner, and the three sat down on the couch to eat. There still wasn't anything good on the television on, so they left the news on. It was quiet for the time. Once Reiner had finished his food, he set down his plate and leaned back with a sigh.

"Not bad i'd say" he laughed.

"I have to admit. You did better than me" (Y/N) complimented.

"Please...my cookings nothing in comparison to yours"