Truth

The walk home was silent and awkward. Reiner walked hand in hand with (Y/N), gently squeezing her fingers inside his hand. Yet it was familiar and gentle like always. But still, it was strange. SHe now knew exactly what his other clashing personality was like. Undoubtedly, it was something she hoped would rarely come out. What was it like outside the bedroom and in society...? That's what worried her..

Arriving at her house, Reiner led her up the driveway to her front door. (Y/N) began to fidget with her house keys as she attempted to open the door. Her fingers slipping and sliding over the small metal object. 

"Are you alright babe..?" he asked, unsure if she was ok. 

"I'm fine" she lied.

She finally got a grip on the keys, and unlocked the door. (Y/N) turned to look at Reiner. He smiled once their eyes made contact. She felt slightly at ease.. It was definitely the Reiner she knew and loved. 

(Y/N) stepped from the front step, standing on her tippy toes, and kissed him sweetly. Reiner returned the kiss, holding her smaller form close against his body. Hesitantly he broke from the kiss, setting her back to her feet.

"Sleep well alright? You're gonna need it"

She nodded and stepped inside the house. Before she closed the door, Reiner slipped her a quick tap on the butt. She yelped in surprise, turning to him with a playful glare. Reiner winked as he walked off.

"I love you!" She called out as he walked down the lawn.

"Love you too babe" he called back.

(Y/N) giggled and closed the door behind her. She turned, and came face to face with two people she hadn't expected to see. Actually, only one. One unwelcomed person..

"What are you doing here...?" (Y/N) spoke with a venom of pure hatred under her tongue.

"Have a seat kiddo...We've got some talking to do.."

~~
~~~~

Reluctantly, she sat down beside the familiar short brown haired female, placing herself closer to Annie. 

"Why is she here..?" she whispered to Annie hoping she'd know.

Lucky for her, Annie did know.
"She has something to tell you."

"About what..?"

"How about instead of whispering you talk to me like I need you to"

(Y/N) shot her a glare and sat up properly. Ymir sighed.

"Look, kid. I'm not here to cause any trouble. But I heard about you and Bertholdt...and your little...fling..."
"He told you..?"
"He practically flaunted it. Kid can't keep a secret for his life. Eventually the truth comes out"

"Explain.."

"Look. I'm only here to help. I didn't instigate the fight for my own pleasure."

"Then why did you?"
"I didn't. I was only trying to help you see your own mistakes"
"What mistakes?"
"The mistake of being with those two.."
"...What...?"
"Yeah. I know all about it. Your polyamorous relationship."

"They said they were fine with it!"

"I don't care. What you do is your business. But now I have to step in"

Ymir leaned forward taking a more serious approach to her tone. She seemed a lot more authoritative.. It was familiar to (Y/N)...

"I told you that you were just a crutch they fell back on. Didn't I?"

"Yes...you did.."
"Then why continue to pursue a relationship with them?"

"Because I love them..."
"Check again missy. It's not love.."

"How would you know..? You've never seen us together.."

Ymir scoffed.

"How can you judge someone's love life when you've never seen it for yourself!? You don't know how they feel and you don't know how I feel!"
"I know a lot more than you" she spat.

"...Excuse me...?"

"I know it's fake (Y/N). Even Annie knows!" 

(Y/N) became angry. Her back teeth gritted against each other as Ymir spoke to her. 

"You were a chance they took because their first loves didn't love them back"

(Y/N) froze on spot. Processing the words Ymir spoke to her, her brain completely shut down. What was she supposed to do..? What was she supposed to say...? 

Nothing.

There was nothing to say.

"I didn't want to tell you this. But I don't have a choice. Reiner only fell back on you because Christa didn't have romantic feelings for him. It's the same for Bertholdt."

"Is that..true..?" 

(Y/N) turned to look at Annie. She had nothing to say either, only confirming what Ymir was saying. (Y/N) looked to the ground, biting back at her lip, in attempts to hold back her tears.

"I tried to warn you. But you weren't listening."
"But...I loved them.."

"You loved them, but love isn't always a two way street..." 

(Y/N) pulled her feet onto the couch, burying her face into her legs. Only slightly did her body shiver. Her heart shattered, her brain was fried. Everything was falling apart at the seams. Even herself. Ymir took notice, and sat beside her.

"Look..Kid...I'm not trying to break your heart...I'm trying to keep you from hurting your self mentally. Those two are more than you can handle..I don't want you to live your life looking through a pane of glass that only shows you what you want to see..."

"I don't know what to see anymore.."

"You see the truth." Annie finally spoke.

Both Ymir and (Y/N) looked at her, silenced as she spoke.

"Nothings perfect in life, and no one is perfect. It's best you listen to her though. Ymir's never been one to lie for the sake of ruining someone's life." Annie looked at (Y/N). 

"We both know you're strong (Y/N). You grew up in a junkyard didn't you?"

She nodded.

"And what did you learn? Besides how to life heavy objects"

(Y/N) looked down, thinking for a moment.. What was she getting at...?
"You learned to be independent."

Bingo.

"Don't let your own blindness destroy the strengths you learned. You're better than that.."
"But what do I do..? I've already done and say too much.."

"You have friends." Ymir responded rather quickly. "We're not gonna let you slip through the cracks that easily"

Ymir grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, squeezing tight. Much harder than Reiner would have.. She felt comfortable. She wasn't slipping, she was set. 

"I'm not your enemy here. I'm your ally. Don't ever think otherwise."

(Y/N) nodded. She took a deep breath, feeling reassured by Ymir's words. 

"And (Y/N)"

"Yeah..?"
"if you ever try to hit me again I'll end you"