Street games

The first day of school had finally ended. It was 2:30. (Y/N) grabbed her things and slipped on her backpack, slipping out the front door of the school. She slowed down her step when she;d seen annie sitting at the bottom the stairs, hands in her sweatshirt pocket. She stood up and looked back at (Y/N).

"You live on west armory street right.?" she asked.

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"I live down there too.."

"Oh!"

    She skipped down the steps towards Annie and stopped beside her.

"Wanna..walk home together?"

"Sure." she responded quickly and began walking.

    (Y/N) walked beside Annie, with a little silence between them. She broke the ice by asking a few question about Annie. Her age, any siblings, etc. The basics to knowing someone.

    They passed by a middle school, several complexes, and a playground before coming to a hushed little neighborhood. An empty intersection came, and the light was green. No cars had shown up.

"Hey Annie. Wanna play a game?"

"In the street..?"

"Well..no one's here. It seems safe"

    She shrugged.

"Let's see who can jump the farthest! We'll go one at a time. If you win, I'll buy your lunch tomorrow and any snack you want from the market"

"And If you win?"

"Humm..." she thought for a moment. "Oh I know! I can copy off your homework one night of my selection!"

"Deal"

"You start"

    Annie looked both ways before taking a running start. She leaped as far as possible, nearly reaching the end of the street. She walked to the other curb and turned on her heels to look at (Y/N).

"Woah...leg game is strong huh.."

    She smirked.

"I can top it!"

    Annie's ears rang, making her look up the street. A car began speeding down the street.

(Y/N) had already begun running, and took her leap. The car came close. Annie had little time to react, when her mind and body took control of the scituation. She leapt off the sidewalk, grabbing (Y/N) mid air, and pushed her back to her side of the street. The car sped by down the street, nearly nipping the side of Annie's back back. The tightening strips had ripped off.

        The two rolled to the ground, with Annie holding her like an egg wrapped around a baby bird.

    A few moments passed, and Annie sat up, looking down at (Y/N), who seemed surprised.

"What just happened..?" (Y/N) asked, in utter confusion.

"No more street games...never mind you dieing..you're gonna get me killed too.."

"Sorry about that..."

        Annie helped (Y/N) to her feet and brushed herself down. (Y/N) looked down the street and sighed.

"He didn't even stop..."

    Annie looked back. The car was completely gone, without a trace.

"One of those hit and run assholes..."

    She huffed, and kept on walking.

"Cmon..we're close"

    After a while the two of them had reached (Y/N)'s house. Annie looked up at it. A regular looking house. Salmon colored with two windows at the front, and stairs leading up to the front door. Shrubbery on both sides of the door, just under the windows.

"Welp. This is it" (Y/N) said.

    She looked at Annie, who was still looking at the house.

"Hey..Annie?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna come inside?"

    She looked at (Y/N) for a moment, and back to the house.