Hanging out (part 1)

"Well. You showed me where you lived, so I figured you could hang out at my place this time"
"Alright, sounds fine with me"

She looked at the desk beside her as she was leaving with Reiner. She stopped letting him go ahead. It was Bertholdts desk. His phone was left out on the table. She picked it up, and slipped it into her pocket.

"(Y/N)?" Reiner popped his head back inside.

"Coming. Sorry."~~
~~~~~
The two left school following the same route they went the first time they walked home. She looked at her house, noticing the car was missing.

"Hey. Stay here for a moment. I gotta check something.." she said, walking towards her house.

Reiner stood out in the lawn watching as she slipped into her house. He tilted his head confused, and slightly curious.

She looked around the house, noticing it was much more quiet than usual.

"papa?" she called.

She called down in the basement, but received nothing n return. She returned back to the living room, finding Reiner standing in the kitchen holding what seemed like a stickynote.

"He left you a note" he said.

"What did he say..?"
"He's leaving till Tuesday. He got some deal down at the junkyard I guess..? I don't understand it.."
"Oh..it's a long story..don't worry about it" she sighed.

"You alright?"
"yeah I just wasn't sure where he went off to.."

"We can stay here if you're not comfortable leaving"

"no no. It's fine"

~~

After a short while, Reiner and (Y/N) had reached his house. It looked about the same from the outside, but once she entered, she realized how wrong she was.

"Welcome to my humble abode" he tried to sound fancy.

"Jeez your house is huge. Are you compensating?"
"For what?"

(Y/N) waited for a moment, but Reiner never caught on.

"Nevermind" she laughed.

She set down her backpack beside his, following him into his living room. The rug and couch were completely white. Wooden floors, with a creme color for walls. She sat down carefully. Reiner plopped down, putting his feet up on the coffee table.

"Your house is beautiful Reiner.."

"You really think so..?"
"Definetely. I've always imagined having something like this"

"Well, you can live the dream for a day" he smiled.

Reiner scooted much closer to (Y/N), laying back against the back of the couch.

"Where are you parents?" she asked.

"They're not together anymore. I live with my mom but shes usually away on business trips"

"Oh...so you live alone..?"
"Most of the time."
"Do you ever get lonely..?"

Reiner froze for a moment, unsure of what to say. Normally, he was alone at home. He usually had Bertholdt over from time to time to keep him company. He couldn't tell her that word for word. 

"Well...Its definitely quiet. " he laughed a bit.

"You do don't you.."

He sighed and looked down.

"If it makes you feel any better, I feel lonely sometimes too."

"Isn't your dad always home with you though?"
"Yeah but he's not really around. He's been busy with his latest invention. I get worried sometimes that I'll grow up being needy, with some attention whore in me" she giggled. "But who knows.."

"You know..if you need attention I'm always here"

"Is that so?"

"Without a doubt"

she smiled at him and shook her head.

"I'm gonna raid your fridge" she said, standing up.

She walked over to the kitchen and looked through his fridge.

"Can you get some a soda while you're in there?"
"Sure thing"

She grabbed two cans of soda and sat back down beside him, handing him one.

"Thanks"
"No problem darling" she joked.

"Darling? Already skipping the best friend stage huh? I'm not complaining"
"I was joking smarty" she nudged him.

Reiner laughed and flicked on the television. He spent time scrolling through the channels, finding nothing good on. He sighed and set down the remote turning on a random movie.Â

"Hey. If you're going to the party tomorrow we could always carpool"

"Oh. I can't drive"
"You can't?"
"Nope. I haven't gotten my license yet. Papa says I'm too young"
"You may be young, but you could definitely pass off to be much older" he winked.

"Stop it you" she blushed "I guess we could go together."
"Man I'm excited for this party!"

"Yeah..me to.." she lied.

(Y/N) wasn't as much of a party animal as Reiner was, but she could learn to have a good time. Normally, only around people she knew well. She'd most likely cling to Reiner.  Nonetheless, she felt excited to hang out with him. Even if it was in front of multiple people. Now she got to know a different side of him..