Dodgeball part 1

Mike gained the classes attention and began giving a lecture in what was clearly history. History was her best. Hearing about the past creations and fixing their mistakes, and advancing their ideas to herself or on paper was her best part. Her father's creativity washed off on her. It was also her greatest downfall. She'd usually get so caught up in her own thoughts, she'd forget the entire lesson.

    Today they talked about the lightbulb. Thomas Edison's greatest invention. Something that impacted to this very day. Reiner sighed and fiddled with his pencil. Bertholdt took notes. Reiner sat back and looked over at (Y/N), who was scribbling in her notebook a strange image with a light bulb at the center. He looked over and raised a brow.

"Someone's getting into the lesson" he teased.

    She payed no mind, she was too far into her scribbling and doodling to pay attention. He tapped her arm, making her jump, slamming the end of the mechanical pencil down on the table. It snapped the led. She looked at him quickly, and calmed herself.

"Sorry. You scared me?"

    He chuckled and shook his head.

"Watcha drawing?" he asked.

"This.." she looked down at her own drawing, and tilted her head.

    A moment passed before she said anything.

"I honestly..have no idea..."

"Something with the lightbulb clearly" he shifted the notepad to get a better look.

"I draw a lot of stuff and never know what it is.."

"Short term memory loss?"

"Probably"

    Reiner smirked and watched her as she kept drawing. He tapped her shoulder gaining her attention again.

"Hey. I was thinking you and I could get lunch later"

"I didn't bring any money.."

"Don't worry. The cafeteria doesn't charge in the back. Just the front"

"Is that an innuendo...?"

    Reiner burst out into laughter gaining the attention of everyone in the class including the teacher. He wiped a tear from his eye.

"That was a good one. But no, I was being serious. Though I should keep that in mind"

    (Y/N) rolled her eyes and sunk down into her seat.

"Reiner!" Mike hollered his name. "Be quiet. Or you can visit the corporal during lunch"

    Immediately Reiner closed his mouth. Bertholdt let off a small chuckle.

"That always gets you huh Reiner..?"

"I guess I should start using that" (Y/N) replied.

    The bell rang shortly after, and Mike had left the classroom.   (Y/N) watched as he left, in confusion. She'd assumed he was getting something for his next lesson. A female on the opposite side of the class sighed out loud. (Y/N) looked over at her. Her skin color was slightly darker, brown eyes, short hair kept in a low clipped, small ponytail.

    She held her head in her palm, with an elbow on the desk.

"Guess It's time for the worst class yet hm?"

"You kidding me?" Reiner responded looking over at her. "Gym is the best class we've got"

"It's sarcasm"

"Couldn't tell, you always sound like that"

    A few Oohs came from the students.

"Hey new girl" she said.

(YN) turned her head to her.

"How's your ability to catch and throw?"

"Uhm..I'm not sure..."

"I guess we'll find out soon enough"

    After She's spoken, a tall male had entered. Immediately he'd radiated an aura over the class. EVeryone had shut up, and stared forward, seeming obedient.

"Who's he..?" (YN) mumbled.

"Shh!" Connie hushed her "That's Shadis. You're not supposed to speak when he's here unless we're told to"

    (Y/N) immediately closed her mouth and faced forward, but his eyes were already locked onto her. He walked over to her.

"Stand" his voice was deep and firm.