You've got a friend in me

"Papa! I'm home!" (Y/N) called through the hall. She looked into the kitchenette, and found nothing. The same for the living room. She huffed.

"He's probably in the basement"

    Annie closed the door behind her, looking around at the inside of the house.

"You've got a casual home" she commented.

"Hm?"

"I thought it would be bigger.."

"Nope..regular home" she smiled, seeming proud of that. "Hungry?" she asked.

    Annie followed her into the kitchen. (Y/N) had already begun rustling through some food in the fridge. Annie sat ontop of the counter top, watching her.

    She pulled out a cartoon of raspberry juice, and a family sized back of chips. She set them on the counter, along with two glasses, pouring the two a cup of the juice. She handed Annie hers, and she took it from her, sniffing the pinkish-red juice.

    (Y/N) dropped her bag, and sat beside Annie on the counter, taking a chip from the bag.

A moment of silence passed between the two, when she looked over to Annie, still mixing the juice in the cup.

"Are you ok..?" she asked.

"You seem to satisfied with everything.."

"Is that bad..?"

    Annie sighed looking back at her juice.

    (Y/N) looked into her cup of juice and mixed it with her finger nail.

"I'm satisfied because this is the most ive had in life..."

    Annie looked at her in the corner of her eyes.

"All my life until this year, I lived in metal, and scraps..All I woke up to was the crushing of metal and junk of all sorts. Immediately when I woke up, I had to work my butt off. I ate one roll of crackers, and I went to sleep with Oil and soot on my entire body."

    She sighed and smiled softly.

"To me, I'm more than just satisfied with a simple lifestyle. I don't even deserve this. My dad works all day and night to support me and I don't even deserve that...so yeah..I may be over joyed about this but...it just means a lot to me..that;s all..."

    Annie looked at her, and hopped off the counter.

"Will you show me your room..?"

"Sure thing!"

    (Y/N) hopped down, and led Annie to her room.

    She opened the door and walked inside. Annie looked around at the smallish room. Sky Skyblue walls, with a white rug. A few stains on it, but fairly clean. A desk to the far corner, and a single window, half open with white fluffy curtains, blowing softly in the wind. (Y/N) sat on her bed. Light blue bed sheets and spread, on a cast iron bed, hand crafted by someone she never knew.

    ANnie sat beside her, feeling the fabric. Nothing special. Cotton.

"It's nice in here..roomy" she commented.

"What colors your room?" she asked.

"Mine...It depends on the weather"

    (Y/N) tilted her head in confusion. Annie picked up on this.

"Annie..." she said softly. "Are you...homeless...?"

    Annie gave no response to her question. She looked out the window, and walked towards it. ANnie opened the window slowly, and popped her head out.

"It's ok if you are. I won't judge you"

"Look" she said.

    (Y/N) walked beside her, peering out the window. She pointed off in the distance towards a small bridge just over a lake. Although it was hidden by the scattered trees that seemed to seperate (Y/N)'s house and the bridge.

"That's where I'm staying tonight." she said.

    (Y/N) pulled her head back inside and frowned.

"Hey, Annie!"

"Hm?" Annie came back inside.

"Hang out here for a bit. We can do our homework together!"

    Her eyes widened ever so slightly, not enough to be notceable.

    The day passed by quickly. (Y/N) and her new friend spent the time finishing homework Mr.Zacharias gave them, and watching tv on the small television she owned. She helped (Y/N) make dinner. Though they'd completely bombed it, and instead ordered pizza.

    Annie sat on the couch with her last piece of pizza, laughing at a few jokes (Y/N) had made.

"Hey, stay here for a moment, I'll be right back"

    Annie nodded and continued watching t.v. (Y/N) disapeared around the corner.

    She went down into the basement. A feint light was on at the bottom. Her fathers workshop.

    She stepped down towards the door, and knocked twice. A firm voice replied.

"Come in"

    (Y/N) opened the door and entered, seeing her fathers small form in a large chair. His legs hung over, far from the floor.

"Papa?" she called.

    He rotated around to see his beloved daughter and hopped fro the chair, walking over to her. She knelt down and hugged him tight.

"Hey hun. Didn't know you were home!"

"Dad..it's seven pm.." she chuckled.

"Is it? Bah! Ive been down here all night! I'll be right up to make dinner"

"I already got pizza"

"Pizza? Huh..I guess you were ahead huh"

"Sorta...listen..papa, I had a question.."

"Ask away darling"

"I have a friend upstairs..and she-"

"A friend! I'll have to meet them. My babys first friend! Camera worthy" He jumped in excitement.

"Eheh...well..she..doesn't have a placeto stay...so I was wondering...can she..stay tonight?"

"Hmm...I'm assuming she's/...homeless..yes/"

    She reluctantly nodded.

"I see...Ah...common issue today..it's sad really...this blasted government. If I could take all the homeless children and keep em in my house"

"So..she can stay?"

"Of course. She can stay as long as she needs. But she has to help out around the house"

"I'm an ok cleaner.."

    Annie said from behind (Y/N).

"Annie!"

"Is this the friend?" her father asked.

"Yeah. This is her. Annie this is..my dad"

"Nice to meet you young one" Her father shook her hand. "I won't be around to butt in on your girl time often so, don't worry about me" he chuckled.

"Will you be up for pizza papa?"

"Of course. I just need to finish up here"

"Alright. Don't stay up too late"

"Shouldn't he be saying that to you?" Annie commented.

    Her father laughed.

"That's quite true actually" he said.

"Let's go back upstairs. There's a really cool show coming on soon that you should see!"

    The two walked back upstairs. (Y/N)'s father chuckled softly to himself thinking on Annie's joke. He continued working on a new piece of his...