Marcel

It was that same day, evening, Bertholdt had been sat in his normal booth at the café. He remembered the first time she came with him, cuddled up against his chest, not realizing she was positioned in such an affectionate pose. Every time he looked down to his side, he hoped to see her (H/C) locks falling messily against his chest, but only found the plain grey shirt he'd worn to school..

What was going on with his dearly beloved..? Why was she acting so strange in such short notice..?  

"Bert, you alright? You haven't even touched your coffee yet" Marcel walked over, drying out the inside of a mug, as he was still on duty.

Bertholdt paid no mind to his friend, only sulking farther into his seat. Marcel sighed and sat across from his buddy, setting the mug and towel down.

"What's gotcha down? You're never usually this upset"

"It's (Y/N).." Bertholdt mumbled.

"Oh that little cutie? How's she been I haven't seen her since you first brought her here"
"That's what I don't know.."

"What do you mean..?"

"She was acting strange during school today, and now she's upset with me about something..I don't know what either.."
"Did you break her heart..?"
"NO! I WOULD NEVER!" Bertholdt slammed his fist on the table.

"Alright calm down! Well..have you said anything to upset her..?"
"No..Not that I know of.."

Bertholdt huffed and let his head fall to the table. A groan of despair and sadness releasing from his mouth, muffled by the table.

"Call her up, maybe ask her what's wrong"
"I tried to talk to her earlier..she walked away..she seemed really upset Marcel.."
"Hmm..I don't normally do this..but..give me her address.."
"W-what? Why?"
"I'll talk to her and figure this out."
"She's only talked to you once though. She'll never open up to you"
"Maybe so, but its worth a shot isn't it?"
"Marcel..I don't know.."
"Its up to you..but let me ask you..are you willing to lose her?"

Bertholdt lifted his head baffled by Marcel's words. Of course he didn't. He loved (Y/N) to the end of time and back..

"Ok..Here's the address.."

~~~
~~~

"Papa! I'm home!" (Y/N) called out letting her voice echo through the living room.

She stopped, as she began to remove her shoes, hearing the voices of her father and another voice. It sounded familiar..but who was it..

She walked closer to the source of the voice, her fathers room. 

"Papa..?"

(Y/N) opened the door to find Her father and Marcel sipping some beer on the bed. They were laughing sharing a joke she hadn't caught up on.

"Oh! Darling! Welcome home" He slurred as he hopped off the bed.

(Y/N) leaned forward, giving her father a hug. He patted her stomach and teetered beside her, grabbing her hand and led her to the bed. She crawled on top of the bed, and kneeled, letting her father sit beside her, taking his glass in hand again. 

"You never mentioned ya' had a fine friend here lass" he said.

She looked forward at Marcel, smiling bright at her. The tip of his nose red, and his ears the same shade. Resembling a ripened tomato in bright sunlight, shining practically through his glossy skin. 

"Evenin' cutie!" he said cheerfully.

"He came here ta' speak to you lass. What say you?"
"I suppose that's ok"

"Alright, don't get into too much trouble"

Her father left, wobbling out the door. (Y/N) watched as he left, then brought her attention back to Marcel, who sprawled himself out across the bed.

"Whooo" he sighed, cheerfully. A small giggle leaving his lips. Clearly drunk..

"Marcel, I Haven't seen you in a while, what brings you.. and how did you get my address..?"
"Right! You're baby boy Berty gave it to me" he smiled.

"Ah..I see..."

"He tells me.." Marcel sat up, and waved his cup of beer as he spoke. "You two are having a bit of an issue hm?"

"I suppose so..it's not big deal though..Marcel, please be careful with that cu-"

"He asked me to figure out why his little baby-girls been unhappy today" 

"I'm fine, but Please I'm serious if you break that I'll be in big trouble."
"I think you'll be in bigger trouble if you don't tell em' what's wrong love"

He finished his final swig of the beverage and set the cup down, with an exaggerated sigh. 

"C'mon now love. What's got you all ruffled up?"

She sighed and fiddled with her fingers.

"I heard about his former love..him and Reiner.."

"Ohh..gossip" Marcel leaned forward, attentive to every word.

"Ymir told me they'd fallen for other girls in my class, and I was only being used so they could get over them...It just..hurt I guess.."

"Is that true..?"
"Well, I confirmed it with both of them..except one of the girls seemed completely oblivious about it..like I'd confessed for him.."

"Ah..So let me get this straight..you're upset, because your lovers loved others before you, and suddenly fell for you yah?"

She nodded. 
"Ahh, c'mon now love" Marcel shook his head in denial. "Reiner and Bert, they love ya to death don't you know?"

"Really..." she said in disbelief.

"Oh sure! Why I tell ya'- Bertholdt's been comin in every day since you two became lovers, "  He batted his lashes "Ohh Marcel, she's just so perfect. She's smart, she's pretty"

(Y/N) started to giggled as he buffed himself up and took on a masculine tone, obviously imitating Reiner. 

"Oh she's drop dead gorgeous, I'll tell you what, I'll hit that every day and treat her right" 

She fell back against the sheets laughing hysterically at his far-from perfect impression of the boys. Marcel laughed with her and crawled over, laying beside her. 

"Listen love..I'm not gonna tell you to talk to them right away, but at least talk with me yeah?"
"What are you offering..?"
"Two audio diaries" he poked at his ears and sat up. "I'll listen to everything you say. You can vent, gossip, whatever you want. Just talk to me, and we'll discuss this situation."

She nodded and sat up. Why she was accepting his requests so sudden? She didn't know. Marcel and her hadn't gotten a chance to know each other at all as a matter of fact. They were practically strangers. But she felt it was safe to trust him.. He was a friend of Reiner and Bertholdt, so he must be a decent guy..

He'd asked her for her digits, and she willingly gave them to him. Marcel stood from the bed and skipped over to the door. (Y/N) following behind to make sure he didn't fall once he got down the stairs. He turned at the bottom step and called to her.

"Oh, and (Y/N) one more thing"
"Yes Marcel..?"
"I won't tell the boys. I promise" he smiled bright.

"I trust you"

Marcel turned on his heels and left towards his home.

He felt a bit more confident on his plan..But something had to be modified for this to work..

She was being manipulated..that was for sure..but who was pulling the strings...? 

He'd find out eventually, and surely.. And once he did, he'd solve this mystery and reunite the star-crossed lovers..