Lunch (part 1)

Hange finished up with (Y/N's leg examination.

"Looks like a slight pull. It should ease up in thirty minutes or so, just take it easy on that thing. I'd let tall and lanky here carry you for the day" she joked.

    (Y/N) giggled under her hand. Bertholdt rubbed his head and gave an awkward laugh.

"Welp. I better get ready for my lunch break. You two take it easy alright?"

"Yes ma'am"

    Hange walked out of the room for her lunch break, leaving the two teens alone. Bertholdt sat beside (Y/N). She layed her head back against the wall and sighed softly.  He thought for a moment and looked at her.

"Lay down on the bed for me.."

"Hm..?"

"Trust me.."

    She layed down along the bed. Bertholdt gently lifted her legs up onto his lap, keeping them level, and relax.

"Thanks.." she said softly.

    He began massaging her injured leg softly, trying not to aggrivate the muscle.

"I used to give Reiner massages all the time."

"Really..?"

"Mhm..he got injuries during football all the time in ninth.."

"He's athletic huh.."

"Mmm. That's why hes so muscled..He works out all the time" Bertholdt's smile faded gradually.

    (Y/N) noticed.

"What's wrong bertholdt..?"

"Huh? Oh. N-nothing..don't worry"

    She sat up and stared at him directly in his eyes with soft puppy eyes. They were normal, yet soft and merciful.  Bertholdt tried to avoid them, but managed to slip a peak on accident every so often.

"Ok ok...It's just...I worry about him sometimes..you see. He's a bit..too athletic.."

Bertholdt stopped his movements and looked down, his entire face softening to a look of sadness, and worry.

"I'm afraid he might seriously hurt himself someday..."

"Tell him that"

"Huh...?"

"I know guys don't like to tell how they feel but..He is your best friend isn't he..? Atleast it seems like he is...if you want him to be ok, you have to tell him..I'm sure he'll understand..."

"Yeah...I guess you're right..." Bertholdt smiled softly, and looked up at the clock.

    11:20.

"Lunch is starting soon. Wanna get a head start to the cafeteria?"

"Sure. You carrying me again?"

"Yeah. It's kinda fun honestly..."

"You're weird" she laughed.

    Bertholdt carried (Y/N) to the lunch room on his back. He didn't talk much, but (Y/N) did. She told him about her old school and what it was like there. He seemed to enjoy listening to her. He commented a few times, but mostly stayed quiet. They arrived at the lunch room, and sat in a booth on the side of the room. He helped her to sit, and he sat across from her.

"Not many people are here. Let's wait a while.."

"Sure thing."

    She layed her head down on the table, using her arms as a makeshift pillow. Not as comfy, but it would be useful for the time being.

"You said your father is an inventor right..?" Bertholdt asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"What type of stuff does he make?"

"All kinds of things..little nanobots, to tiny droids. He doesnt go above that though. Hes got this whole thing that he believes in. Something about robots and world domination..? I don't know.."

    Bertholdt smiled softly at this.

"I think hes afraid that some robots might have their own mind and dominate humanity..I don't blame him..its a scary thought..."

"A world with robots huh..?"

    She hummed to herself for a moment, and shut her eyes. The sounds of numerous voices filling the cafeteria filled her ears rapidly. She opened her eyes to find people already filling in the seats.

"That was fast.." she mumbled.

"I guess people were hungry today" The familiar voice of Reiner said from beside them.