Detention (part1)

There she sat. In front of the one person you'd never want to displease. Principal Smith..

(Y/N) sat in front of his desk, head down facing the rug, her hands clasped together, rubbing the clammy feeling against each other. She knew what she did.. was she ashamed? A little...

"What do you have to say for yourself Miss.(L/N).." He said in a calm manner.

"I..I'm sorry..sir.."

"Why apologize to me? You didn't fight with me did you?"
"No sir.." she shook her head. 

"So why apologize to me?"
"Because..."

"Because..?"

She paused for a moment and sighed, her lip quivering a little.

"Because I wasted your time over something petty that shouldn't have been resolved with physical conflict..."

Erwin sighed and stood up from his desk. He made his way over to (Y/N) and placed a firm hand on her small shoulder.

"You're not wasting my time (Y/N)..I'm glad to see you here..but not in these circumstances. "

He knelt down coming perfectly to her height and smiled.

"You're a teenager, I get it. You're hormonal, and you get angry and emotional. Ymir's never been the type to get along with people so easily in this school..she's had a few fights with the underclassmen. But that doesn't mean you have to fall for her pettiness."

He stood again and patted her head, and began to pet her like a puppy. (Y/N) melted a little bit feeling the easy affection he gave. 

"You're a good kid, I know that..just be more careful alright?"

"Yes sir.."

"But- that doesn't exempt you from any punishment."

He returned to his desk and wrote something out on a piece of paper. He handed it to (Y/N), and she leaned forward taking the paper into her hands, reading it.

"Detention for 2 days.." she huffed.

"Consider it a present from me" Levi stood in the doorway, speaking from behind.

(Y/N) mentally groaned.

"Don't say I never gave you anything" he commented, as he turned and left.

"Thank you sir.." she spoke with the intention of being sarcastic.

"Now then, you get back to class. You're still in school you know, not the sidelines of a soccer game"

She nodded and stood up from the chair. (Y/N) made her way back to class, keeping her eyes on the note. She sighed and slipped it into her back pocket..

~~~~
"Detention!?" Connie yelled out in complete surprise.

"Jeez..couldn't he have given you a tap on the wrist..?" Jean said looking over the paper.

"They're not allowed to administer physical punishment" Armin added.

"It's no big deal..." (Y/N) said.

"Detention huh...I hope you're ok to deal with Levi.." Erin said as the paper was passed to him.

"All I have to do is sit down, shut up and do what he says"

"She's got her priorities in check. Maybe she will survive" Connie laughed.

Erin placed an arm around her and laughed.

"C'mon cheer up (Y/N). Don't worry, you're not going alone" he said.

"I'm not..?"
"Nope. Sasha got detention for the week. She tried to start a food fight in the cafeteria."
"Now she's serving her sentence" Jean sang teasing her.