Chapter Four

As Eva and Veronica came out of Frank's car, Veronica stormed to her apartment angrily. "Hey, Ev." Frank exited the car, jogging towards Eva. 

"Hey." He said with a crooked smile. "You look really lovely today." 

"Thanks, Franky." Eva answered, almost in a whisper. 

"Is everything alright? Veronica seems furious." 

"E-Everything's alright Frank, I'll catch up to you later alright?" Before Eva could avoid him, he stopped her. 

"Hey...wanna go out for dinner sometime?" Frank scratched the back of his neck, nervously waiting for Eva's response. Eva sighed silently, before she forced a small smile on her face, "I'll think about it." 

As Eva slammed the door with her feet she sighed loudly, "Can you believe it? Frank asked me out for dinner!" She chuckled to herself as she rolled her eyes. 

As she turned around, she was faced with a furious Veronica who had her hands on her hips. "I'm guessing you're angry at me because...I didn't steal Bruce's money?"

"How could you not! You went to his room, that was the easiest target you could get! I had to steal a 1000 with that old man subtly grinding on my leg!" Eva couldn't help but chuckle at Veronica. "It ain't funny, King!" 

"I'm sorry V, I just couldn't do it." Eva sighed as she removed her jacket and threw it on the sofa, Veronica sighed as she rolled her eyes. 

Veronica called out, before going to her room, "Frank has been head over heels with you ever since! Go out with him for dinner, at least check it out!" 

At 3:30 am, Veronica had to wake Eva up. Apparently a message from Ashley, Catwoman had another task to do and she wanted the girl-with-the-tiger-mask to help her out. "Ugh, what is it this time? Can't she do it herself? She's good at what she does." Eva said. 

"C'mon Ev, she'll split it half half, the guy is paying her 30,000 if she steals the painting." Veronica pulled her blanket off and threw it on the floor. 

So, currently, Eva sat at the ledge of the building watching Gotham city waiting for Selina to show up. 

"Meow." Selina said as she stood behind her. 

"About time, Cat. Now, lead the way." Eva said, standing up while she made sure the mask was properly on so it wouldn't fall. 

Eva followed Selina as they jumped from building to building and before they reached their destination, Selina broke the silence. "You know, I gotta call you something. Shall I call you tiger? Feline? Tell me." Selina purred. 

Eva had to think of something fast and the only thing she could come up with on the spot was this, "Just call me K, K is good enough." 

"Alright, K. We're almost there." 

Eva turned off the alarm system of the house with her small hacking device that she had to steal from the Riddler without his knowledge, before Selina jumped down on the ground, Eva pulled her back. 

"Are you crazy!? They have pooches that'll rip us apart." Eva whispered harshly. Eva pointed her finger towards the chains that were laying around the massive garden. "Alright, we have to find a way to distract them." Selina said in a whisper beside Eva. 

"That's alright, I got it covered." Eva said before she threw a small ball that once it landed on the floor, smoke immediately rushed out. Selina looked at her questionably and Eva chuckled, "Its sleeping gas." 

"Well look at you, all ready to go." Selina said before landing on the floor as she walked over a dog who fell on the ground, trying to stand up but it was too drowsy. "You aren't the only one who has tricks up her sleeves and toys lying around." Selina smirked at Eva's comment.

As they made it inside the manor through one of the windows, they had to search for the painting. "Damn, this place is huge." Eva whispered to Selina. 

The carpet in the manor were red, different vases and artefacts surrounded the place and some family picture were scattered and hung on the walls. 

"Come to mama." Selina whispered to herself as her eyes landed on the painting. "There she is." Selina purred. 

Before Selina could take down the painting gently and slowly, Eva noticed a flashing dot on Selina's suit. "Wait a minute.." She grabbed the tiny dot that was on the back of her suit and showed it to Selina. "Someone's tracking you." 

Selina growled knowing exactly who it is, instantly her hand grabbed her whip. A sharp object flew and scratched the top of Eva's thigh. As she looked at the wall it was a batarang. 

Batman came out of the shadows as he cracked his knuckles, a mean scowl on his face. 

"Is this how its gonna be? You, tracking me?" Selina growled at the bat and before she could lose her temper and whip him, Eva put her hand in front of Cat. 

"Cat, I'll handle this. Take the painting and split it half-half with me later." Selina refused to leave but Eva growled at her and ordered for her to leave and she ended up leaving batman and Eva alone. 

As Selina made the run for it, Batman tried to chase her but Eva tripped him and when he went crashing to the floor he pulled her on him by the end of her leather jacket. "Sorry bat-brains, some of us gotta make a living the dirty way. I've got mouths to feed, I need that painting. Oh, I also like the new suit." 

Batman tried to remove her mask but she quickly pulled on his and instantly his hands wrapped around her wrists and threw her in the other direction. "You know, you cant go pulling people's masks and get angry when someone pulls yours!" Eva coughed as she hit her lower back at the edge of the table. "We're both wearing a mask for a reason." She wheezed out. 

As she tried to get up, batman grabbed her by her jacket and lifting her up. "This time, you'll be going to jail." He growled, showing his teethes. 

Eva's hands snaked to her belt before throwing a pepper smoke bomb that'll burn your eyes- she threw on the floor and instantly he dropped her. 

Eva quickly made a run for it only to see Catwoman outside waiting with her motorcycle and the painting tied to her back. "C'mon K, lets go!" 

Eva jumped behind Selina and they instantly sped off. 

"Jeez! He's a handful!" Eva said panting.