Chapter Six

The attraction between Bruce and Eva was strong and both of them knew that. They could see it radiating off of each other. 

They ate their meals in a comfortable silence, once in awhile smiling at the other and Bruce thanked Alfred for suggesting the time. If they went earlier, cameras would be flashing everywhere while reporters and journalists would throw questions at them non stop. 

"So, what do you do again?" Bruce asked. He knew the answer to his question but he just wanted to make sure. What if she slipped? What if she was lying to him?

Eva suddenly felt a heavy guilt sinking in her chest. She didn't want to lie to him. 

Usually, Eva would lie and steal from others easily. But she couldn't do it to Bruce and she partially hated herself for not being able to. 

"If I did tell you the truth Bruce, you might run away." Eva shoved her chicken piece in her mouth quickly. 

"What? you owning a company is gonna scare me off?" Thats what she told Bruce when they were dancing together. 

"I lied about t-that.." She hesitated.

Bruce looked at her in confusion until it suddenly clicked in his brain. "Try me." 

Instantly, Eva took it as a challenge. "Alright." She swallowed nervously. "Well, I'm not a big shot like I said I was. I'm actually, just a normal person. Well, more like a person almost under the poverty line." When Eva spoke, she looked out the window trying to avoid Bruce's eyes. 

Bruce kept quiet, waiting for her to continue. "If you're wondering on how I got into you're lil' party, it was just through a friend." 

Eva thought after her confession, Bruce was going to storm out and leave her to find her way home. But instead, he acted differently than she expected. 

"But you're real name is really Eva King. Right?" He said humorously. As she locked her eyes with his, there was a smile plastered on his face instantly making her smile. 

"That was never a lie." 

As Bruce dropped her home, Eva had a tight smile on her face. She was embarrassed, at least slightly. Her street wasn't really friendly and many known thugs lived there- more often than Eva liked, gun shots would irrupt through the neighbourhood. 

"Well this is it, this is where I live. My actual-non-fake place." Eva said with a nervous smile. 

Bruce gripped his steering wheel tighter- months back, he caught a group of drug dealer in this same neighbourhood, only as batman. Bruce had to force a smile on her face as he met her eyes. "I'll walk you upstairs." 

"No, no need for that." She said leaning forward in his direction. "Thank you for the really nice meal. If you're gonna keep paying for my meal, I don't mind going on more dates with you." She said before pecking him on the lips and leaving the car. 

Bruce watched Eva disappear into the apartment with a genuine smile on his face before he drove off when she was out of view. 

As Eva entered the apartment, Ashley was sat on Margo's lap, Steve and Sam were on the side wrestling playfully while Veronica cheered on Sam. "Hey." Eva said, as if she was out of breath. 

"Hey Ev! C'mere, I need you for a job!" Veronica said, without looking at Eva as she continued to cheer Sam. 

Eva sighed silently, making her way to Veronica. "What is it this time?"

"Oh! Before anything- we have a surprise for you!" As Sam won the little match, Veronica stood up and took a box from her room. She dropped it on the table and everyone had a smirk on their face. "C'mon, open it!" Ashley said while she clapped her hands excitedly. 

As Eva opened the box, she found a black suit inside accompanied with a matt black cowl that only revealed her eyes, although the nose area slightly resembled the outline of a tiger's nose. 

"What is this all about?" Eva said breathing in and chuckling. 

"Well, majority of the top bad guys know you as the girl with the tiger mask, we thought it was time to put a name on you." Steve said, smiling wildly with his busted lips. "It was a lot of money too." Margo muttered. 

"The suit will help you with some of your physical action, you'll notice when you wear it." Veronica said, crossing her arms on her chest with a proud expression on her face. 

"Thank you guys, this is really great." Eva said with a crooked smile on her face. 

"Alright, back to business." Sam said patting Eva's back. "There's a job for you." Steve sang. 

"Penguin needs you." Veronica said, eyeing Eva, inspecting any hesitation signs from Eva.