Chapter Twenty Seven

Daniel worked as a mechanic before Eva was born. One day, while he was working in the workshop he had an accident and broke his arm and instantly, he was rushed to the hospital.

There, he met the most beautiful woman he set his hungry eyes on. She had beautiful brunette hair that carried natural gold highlights in them, her plump rosy lips threw him into a frenzy while her green eyes sent goosebumps all over his body. That woman was his nurse, years later she became his wife and soon, they both had the responsibility of raising a baby.

That beautiful woman was Fiona and that baby was Eva.

But years later, Daniel showed his true colors and with it, came many secrets that both Fiona and Eva didn't know about.

Fiona would never know what those secrets were, but Eva would soon find out.

When Fiona first met Daniel in the hospital he was charming and handsome and Fiona couldn't see anything but that. Even her co-workers such as Thomas Wayne would warn her after Daniel and Fiona started going out.

But because she was completely infatuated with Daniel, she ignored the other's warnings.

She believed that Daniel was the one and only for her.

Maybe it was Fiona's fault in the end, right? Ever since she was a little girl, she has always been in love with fairy tales, she fell in love with the fantasy of a prince saving his princess, protecting his princess from all of life's problems. And when she met Daniel, she thought he was her prince, her saviour, her brave knight. Wasn't it supposed to be that way anyway? 

After Fiona found out she was pregnant, Daniel and Fiona decided to get married in a small church just involving the two of them. She was unsure of the marriage though, as Daniel already started to show signs of manipulation and an ill mind.

But she loved him too much and she decided to marry him and help him thru whatever his mind was forcing him to go thru.

When Eva was born, Daniel wasn't there. Instead of being there for his wife and seeing his daughter being born, he was busy being drunk and sleeping with other women. Fiona knew he cheated but she put the act of the stupid wife who was oblivious to everything her husband did out of their home.

But Fiona forgot all her worries when she got to hold her baby in her arms, a tear of joy slipped from her blood shot red eyes, her chapped lips tore into a big smile as she chuckled unbelievably. 

Even though her baby looked like a red potato, it was the most beautiful thing she laid eyes on. 

"I'm gonna name you Eva.." Fiona whispered to her baby who had its eyes shut as if it was afraid to take a look at the world, "my baby Eva..."

Daniel paced the apartment, his hands becoming clammy while his forehead was covered in cold sweat, the voices in his head getting stronger and stronger and because Daniel kept denying to himself that he was not crazy and he wasn't hearing voices for so long, Daniel started hallucinating. 

"C'mon Danny, he's fucking your wife." The man who sat on the window seal said to Daniel as Daniel growled in frustration. 

The man snickered at Daniel, "you're pathetic, my friend." 

"Would you shut up!" Daniel didn't hear his wife and daughter enter the apartment but he only turned around when Fiona called out his name. 

"You!" He pointed a shaky finger at his wife, "where have you been!?"

After a good day, it had to end soon didn't it?

"At the zoo with Eva, what's wrong?" Fiona sighed silently, knowing exactly where this was going- as if the collection of bruises on her body wasn't enough.