Chapter Fifteen

With Harley locked in Arkham Asylum once again, Falcone too, was caught by the bat. The leverage that batman used against Falcone managed to get him into prison, but Eva didn't know which prison he was in.

The only thing they had to do was find Crane and the Joker. Eva knew it wasn't going to be this easy anyway.

As Eva stirred in her bed, she winced in pain. She forgot about the massive bruise that was below her left breast and rolled onto her side. Before she could pity herself, Veronica barged into Eva's room without knocking, her arms folded across her chest.

"Uhh...good morning?" Eva said, rubbing her right eye.

"Its afternoon." Veronica said angrily. "Well, good afternoon then.." Eva didn't know why Veronica was pissed and she wasn't sure if she wanted to find out anytime soon, but Eva knew she had to.

But Veronica stood there in silence, Veronica didn't look happy at all. In fact, she was mad to the point where she started to tap her foot on the ground to calm herself down.

"V, wanna tell me what's wrong...?" Eva asked carefully, scared to piss Veronica even more. "I'll tell you what's wrong!" Veronica finally burst.

Veronica looked towards the open door only to see Margo and Ashley looking into the room. Veronica didn't mean to be rude and mean to them but she couldn't help slam the door shut to give Eva and herself more privacy.

"This doesn't look good." Ashley said to Margo as Margo shrugged. "C'mon, lets get some shawarma. I heard they're really good, its on me babe."

"Harley is locked up in Arkham!" Veronica finally spilled the beans, "Falcone was sent to jail!"

"Okay...your point? You usually don't care what happens to other bad guys, right?" Eva sat up straight on her bed and rubbed her eyes, giving out a little yawn. "More for us?"

"Eva, look at me!" Veronica shouted at the top of her lungs, catching the attention of Eva. "How would...how would they get caught?" Veronica said, calming herself down by exhaling and shutting her eyes tightly.

"Were you the one that told the batman..?" Veronica finally managed to speak those words. Eva took a moment to get off her bed and make her way towards Veronica. "You're working with the batman...aren't you?"

"V, you gotta understand...what they're all planning is evil. Its way beyond what we do. All we do is rob rich people's money, rob banks and steal things. This, what Falcone and the rest are in for, its major." Eva said, placing her hands on Veronica's shoulders. "We messed with the wrong business, V. This one is too dangerous." Veronica saw the sincerity in everything Eva emitted. "Veronica, trust me. It isn't our style." 

"What kind of dangerous?" Veronica asked.

"The dangerous that'll danger the whole of Gotham city." Eva said desperately. "This isn't our kind of game- what we do...what we do is steal from the rich, we enjoy gang fights and we enjoy being reckless. But we don't enjoy murdering people and embedding fear in them, V. This isn't our game." Eva spoke almost in a whisper but Veronica could hear her just fine. 

"Its that serious, huh?" Veronica asked, sighing loudly as she sat on Eva's bed. 

"Yeah.." Eva said, sitting beside her best friend, placing her head on her shoulder. 

"How're you gonna fix it?" Eva knew that Veronica was not such a bad person, yes, their business was bad nevertheless but they had their own rules. 

"Honestly I don't know, I just do what the batman wants me to do." Eva sighed to herself. "He usually knows what to do." 

After her long chat with Veronica in her room, laying down on her bed and talking about Frank, Veronica encouraged Eva to talk to Frank. Apparently, after Frank's outburst, he never passed by their apartment in awhile and Veronica knew it was just Frank's way in trying to avoid Eva. 

Veronica, however, had her own plan. She was going to invite Frank over so Eva could have her chance in figuring out what was wrong with him. 

Eva, leaving Veronica back at the apartment, made her way to Wayne Manor. As she rang the doorbell she expected Alfred to answer but it was Dick. "Hey!" Dick said with a bright smile on his face. 

"Hey Dick, how're you doing?" Dick made way for Eva to enter and she obliged. "Everything's fine, Ev." After Dick asked her how was her day and the two having a small conversation, Eva asked where Bruce was. 

"Bruce's not home, he has a meeting currently at Wayne Tower." Dick said. "Where are Tim and Jason?" Eva asked, the house was too quiet and she presumed that Dick was the only one home. "They're gone too, god knows doing what." Dick chuckled to himself, but he knew exactly where they were and what they were doing. 

"Well then, this calls for it." Eva stood up, wearing her coat again. Dick glanced at her in confusion. "We're gonna head out and eat, I'm starving." Dick immediately got on his feet, grabbing his jacket, excitement written all over his face, "great! I'm starving too, where we going?" 

The two sat in a corner in Big Belly Burger devouring their meals almost barbarically but the two didn't care about the weird glances they seldomly received from a couple sat beside them on another table. 

"I gotta ask," Dick said after swallowing his food, "how'd you meet Bruce?" 

Oh, I just really wanted to steal his money at his party that I wasn't even invited to. 

"uh...I was at his party, and we just saw each other from across the room." As Eva said, Dick smirked. "Cute. I could have never guessed." Dick replied sarcastically. 

"Oh shut up, Dick." Eva threw a fry at Dick but it only ended up in his mouth. 

After they both finished their meals rather quickly, they waited in line for coned ice creams beside each other. 

A rather large man bumped into Dick, causing him to accidentally elbow Eva's rib causing her to wince loudly as she clutched her side. "Hey, are you alright? I'm so sorry." Dick started to apologise. Although, Dick knew that he didn't hit her that hard, it was more of a tap. 

"I-I'm okay, n-no worries!" Eva chuckled in pain, her eyes started to tear up but she held her tears back and tried to stand up straight. 

"Are you sure you're alright? I'm sorry, but it was only a tap. Are you sure you didn't hurt yourself before?" Dick said, raising a brow as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Nope! I'm fine!" Then silence again, loomed between the two as they both still stood in line. 

Eva's eyes however, drifted to Dick's arm, there was a long cut that was stitched up and her brows furrowed. Dick however, followed where her eyes were looking and he immediately pulled back his hand. "Just a small..accident." Dick chuckled nervously, shifting his weight between his feet awkwardly. 

The two stood awkwardly beside each other, looking else where. 

Then, it clicked in Eva's head. As she looked back at Dick in shock, Dick did the same. 

He grabbed Eva by her wrist and pulled her out of Big Belly Burger. 

"Tell me this is not what I think it is!" Dick harshly whispered, his face close to Eva's. "It can't be.." Eva's voice hitched halfway in her throat. 

"You're the Tiger?" Dick said in bewilderment, to make sure, he quickly lifted up her blouse only to see a huge purple bruise on her side. "Hey!" Eva pulled down her blouse and slapped his arm away. "I was just making sure!" Dick said harshly. 

Then, Eva's eyes widened. "If...if you're Nightwing...then...t-then Bruce is...batman?"