Chapter Nineteen

Bruce's eyes shot open when Alfred slammed the tray on his night stand.

Bruce knitted his brows in confusion as he looked at Alfred, the sleep still blurring his vision. Alfred had a scowl on his face and Bruce understood what it was for.

His butler that he knew ever since he was a little boy, threw the newspaper on his bare chest, "rich playboys go play golf, flirt with empty hearted models who only want your money, drive fast cars and maybe even try to learn to play polo master Bruce, not picking fights at an underworld nightclub." Bruce was on the first page of the newspaper, a blurry picture of Bruce pinning down Frank the other night. Bruce scoffed as he looked at the picture better, Frank's face wasn't visible, it was only Bruce's.

The title read; DRUNK GOTHAM PRINCE PICKING FIGHTS!

Before Bruce could read over the column Alfred interrupted him, "care to explain master Bruce?" Alfred stood tall, his hands behind his back and disappointment written on his face.

"He deserved it." Bruce said, placing the newspaper beside him as he took a big gulp of his protein shake.

"He deserved it? master Bruce-"

"He hit Eva, Alfred. She has a bruise on her jaw and an imprint from his ring." Bruce licked his lips before speaking again, "how could I let that go?" Alfred's stern look fell, he couldn't argue with Bruce about this.

But he saw something more this time as he looked at Bruce, the boy he knew that grew into a man that was pretending to be a foolish rich boy but was actually the batman himself tore down his walls for a woman. Bruce tore down those walls without him realising that he did. The wall that always kept Bruce emotionally secure and placed no deep attachments to the opposite sex. It definitely brought a little smile to Alfred's face.

"My goodness, if only you have said something earlier master Bruce. I would have joined you too." Alfred meant what he said really, he too, was also fond of Eva.

However, Alfred had a gut feeling that this wasn't just any other girl who bruce would have come and go. No, Alfred was sure she wouldn't even be leaving anytime soon.

Eva was woken up by Ashley's screeching and Veronica jumping on the bed. "What is going on!?" Eva was asleep in her white shirt and her thong and because Veronica was jumping on the bed, she was sure everything could be seen because the sheet was sprawled on the floor from Veronica.

Ashley threw the newspaper to Eva and she caught it swiftly, her eyes scanned it till she noticed it was Bruce pinning only what she assumed was Frank. "W-what...?" Eva said in confusion to herself, until she read the title of the column and it all made sense.

It was because Frank hit her.

"You know what this means right?!" Ashley said excitedly and Veronica squealed loudly, still jumping slightly.

"What is up with you two!?" Eva still said in confusion, a part of her still angry that they woke her up from her slumber. 

"Bruce Wayne beat the guy who beat you!" Veronica finally stopped jumping, "that means he cares about Eva, can you not see it?" Ashley squealed before realisation hit her, "oh, by the way, lover boy is here we just didn't let him in yet."

"What?!" Immediately Eva was off the bed as she grabbed the news paper and when she opened the door, she met Bruce holding a box that had a big red bow on it. A smile grew on his face as his eyes twinkled, "hey." Bruce said in a silky tone.

Eva's lips parted as her fingers tingled, she immediately melted at the sight of him. She's seen him so many times, why was she only feeling like this now?