Chapter Five

Bruce, not only tried to track down the girl-with-the-tiger-mask again, but he tried to find Eva King. After seeing her at his home and on his bed, he had the urge to find her and get to know her. ​

Alfred, liked the girl too. She wasn't stuck up like the rest of the women he would see at Bruce's parties. Alfred was very encouraging of Bruce to go and find her, he supported him and helped him too.

After Bruce was picked up by Alfred from Wayne Enterprises, Bruce told him to take a turn and go into the more damaged part of Gotham.

"May I ask why, master Bruce?" Alfred wondered why Bruce would want to go there.

"I just have a feeling." Bruce said. Alfred had to figure it out on his own, did it involve Eva? Probably.

But after 5 minutes of driving, Bruce's feeling was right. His eyes landed on Eva walking on the side walk. Her maroon beanie on her head stood out in the dull background, her black boots hit the pavement in a quick motion all while her hands were tuck in her jackets' pockets for warmth.

"Alfred, stop here." At Bruce's command, Alfred too, caught sight of Eva. "Of course, master Bruce." A smile tugged at the old man's lips; it was out of the ordinary that Bruce would have the feeling to come here and suddenly find her. To Alfred it was fate, meant to be? That too.

"Eva!" As Bruce called out to her,  jogging up to her, she instantly turned around. When she locked eyes with him, she froze.

"Bruce?" Her eyes must be playing tricks on her.

As he caught up to her, his lips lifted into a small smirk, "You left the party without saying anything."

Suddenly, she felt slightly intimidated. "Well, I was in a hurry. Bruce, what're you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." His smirk grew wider.

"I-I asked first." Eva said in defense, diverting her eyes away from his. Bruce let out a small chuckle, "Let me take you out to dinner."

"Bruce I can't-"

Before Eva could refuse him, he cut her off. "Please?"

Eva sighed before giving in, "Fine." 

Bruce sat in his chair, facing the bat-computer, Eva King's name was in the search bar but he couldn't seem to enter it. He pondered for awhile, it didn't seem right to do a background check on Eva but he wanted to do it badly. ​​

"Master Bruce?" Alfred was beside him with his protein shake. Alfred took a look at the bat-computer only to see what was Bruce's dilemma.

"You might as well get to know her." Was the only thing he said before Dick entered the bat cave.

Veronica caught Eva on the sofa with her legs on the table, a confused expression on her face, her lower lip stuck out while her brow was knitted together- that meant she was thinking over something. But Eva was a fast thinker, she didn't ponder anything for long only if it was something related to little things like men, what to eat and what movie to watch. 

"Is it about Frank?" When Veronica threw herself beside Eva on the sofa Eva jumped slightly, making Veronica chuckle. "Huh? Frank? Oh. No, its not about Frank." 

"What then? Met your knight in shining armour and did a quicky in the bathroom and now you wanna get to know him?" Veronica said with a wide smirk. 

"No!" Eva laughed, "No, its actually...Bruce Wayne.."

Veronica groaned at the mention of the rich man. "I knew it! I knew it when you told me you couldn't steal his money its because it had to do something with him. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" 

"He asked me to go to dinner.." Eva said, a small smile tugged on her lips. Instantly Veronica noticed it. "You're into him, aren't you!" 

"No- Look, I'll try and get his money this time alright?" Eva sighed loudly. "At least I'll try!" 

"No she won't." Margo said suddenly, coming out of Eva's bedroom with Ashley. 

"What the- When were you two here?" Veronica said in confusion. "Since you guys left by 10 minutes." Ashley said, wrapping her arm around Margo's waist. 

Instantly, Eva's face paled. "You guys didn't do it on my bed did you...?" 

"Sorry Evy, it was too bad. We had to." Ashley said wincing. 

Eva groaned loudly in disgust, "Wash my bed-sheet at least! And next time, tell me! I'm gonna start charging you guys for doing that!" 

Eva cleaned up nicely and by that, Veronica knew that Eva was really into Bruce. Eva wouldn't dress up nicely for anyone. 

Eva waited outside a random nice looking house and waited for Bruce to pick her up. When he took her number, she told him this is where she lived. 

She looked at her time and it was 12:30 am, Bruce surely picked a weird time to take her out to "dinner", but she was sure all dining places were closed at this time. 

Loud engine noise filled her ears and when she looked to her right, Bruce was showing up with his blue Lamborghini. She rolled her eyes playfully and muttered to herself, "Show off." 

He exited his car with a smile, he even opened the door for her to get in. "What a gentleman, never had a dude open a car door for me before." Eva told him as she raised her eyebrow playfully. Bruce looked at her as he accelerated, "Well I don't know what kind of guys you have been going out with." 

"You know Bruce, it's now 12:35." She cocked her brows. 

"I know." He said simply. Was he thick in the head?

"Bruce, sorry to break the news to you but no fine dining will be open at this time." Eva said with a chuckle. "Are you secretly a sex trafficker and I'm one of your victims?" Eva said playfully. 

Bruce chuckled and rolled his eyes, "No. But I do own a restaurant and its open. Just for us." 

When Eva was speechless, Bruce smiled to himself.