Chapter Seven

Walking blindly into Penguin's job wasn't really a win-win situation, even though he paid her upfront.

It ended with multiple bruises for Eva that she was not expecting at all. However, because Penguin paid her good money it resulted with Veronica and the rest with excitement they couldn't control. They had to celebrate.

So, they all ended at a nightclub and Eva thought that they were gonna drink themselves to death. Apparently, Frank started to hide when he heard from Ashley that Eva was going out with Bruce Wayne, he didn't want to face her because he felt embarrassed.

Eva wanted to go home and sleep. After all, she spent hours busting her ass to finish the job for Penguin.

As she left the club after saying goodbye to Veronica, Eva decided to take the train.

She sat alone in her seat that held a lot of graffiti on it while 3 men who were facing her, eyed her down. Her hand sneaked to her pocket, holding onto her pocket knife for reassurance.

When the train stopped at her station, she immediately got off quickly and flied down the stairs only when she noticed 2 of the men were following her. But where was the other one?

When she took a sharp left, there he was. Smirking like an idiot who was showing off his yellow teethes. The other 2 men surrounded her from the back.

"Look what we got here fellas, a little mouse." The man with a scar on his brow said. "A foxy lil' mouse." The man with yellow teethes chuckled in his deep voice.

"C'mon fellas, if you do this, you'll regret it." Eva said as she prepared herself in a fighting stance.

"Aww, what is the little mouse going to do?" Baldy said.

Before anyone spoke, the man with the scar on his brow pulled Eva by her hair, pulling her back to his body while he sniffed her neck. The other 2 men chuckled as they tried to drag her to an alley.

"I don't think so, asshole." Eva groaned in pain before smashing the back of her head to the guy's nose. Instantly he let go of her and she swiftly kicked his feet, causing him to loose balance.

While she knocked out the man who pulled her hair, she didn't hear what was going on behind her.

When she turned around, the Batman finished off the other 2. She lowered her guard when she saw, he made her feel safe which was extraordinary weird because whenever she had her tiger mask on, she always had to put her guard up.

"My hero." Eva said as she licked her dried lips as she exhaled loudly.

"You shouldn't be alone in this place." He said. But this time, his growl wasn't as harsh, it was more to just shield his true voice.

"Well, sorry to disappoint batman, but this is where i live. Well, a few blocks down." She said before gripping her bag tightly.

Batman noticed that she had eye makeup on and her red lipstick caught his attention the most. She must've been at a party.

"Are you hurt?" Batman asked, inching closer to her to examine her. "I'm fine, thanks anyway." Before Eva could walk away, batman gripped her gently by her waist.

"Hey-" Before she could say anything, he shot up to something with his grappling gun. "Hold on." That was all he said before they took off.

Batman landed on her fire escape he let her go. They made eye contact for a minute before both of them shifted their view to something else subtly.

"You do that everyday? Must be fun. That was fun." Eva said, still amazed at what they just did. She was used to climbing and jumping form roof to roof but not flying and leaping.

"Be safe." Batman said before disappearing.

Eva sighed before entering her apartment, "Today you're my hero, tomorrow you're my enemy."

Eva was woken up by the vibration of her phone. When she looked at the time, it was 4 in the afternoon. She definitely slept in.

The brightness of her phone almost blinded but when her eyes adjusted, a smile appeared on her face as she saw Bruce's text.

'You left your scarf in my car.' Bruce texted.

'I'll let you know I don't wear scarves, its because I don't own any. Is that an excuse for taking me out again?' As Eva texted, her smile almost ripped her face.

'Pick you up at 7?' Bruce texted instantly.

'See you at 7.'