Chapter Nine

Batman needed leverage on Falcone and Eva was going to do that. When batman tried to get Eva's attention, he didn't know what to call her so she too, told him to just call her K. 

Batman handed Eva a tracking device so whatever happened, he'd know where she was. She instantly put it in her belt while she put the ear piece to talk to him in her cowl when she turned around so he couldn't see her face. 

"Are you ready to do this?" Batman asked her before she could leave and join Falcone in his car. "Even if I wasn't, I'd still have to do it. So yeah, I'm ready as ever." Eva said. 

Before she could leave though, batman called her name again. "K, place this contact lenses in your eyes, it'll record everything and I'll be able to see it on my device." 

"Sure thing bat-boy." 

When Eva sat with Falcone in his car, she was amazed by the contact lenses that batman got her. It projected more things than she expected. The contact lenses showed her the heartbeat of each passenger- or whoever she looked at- and whether they were unarmed or not. 

As batman looked at his screen to see what she was viewing, he noticed that she was distracted by the contact lenses- she was looking everywhere even out the streets to see what new things the contact lenses will show her. 

Batman painly sighed, "Focus." He hissed. 

Instantly, Eva turned her head to Falcone and tried not to figure out what the contact lenses would show her. 

"Jonathan Crane will be waiting for us at the dock." Falcone finally said as he faced Harley Quinn. 

Harley Quinn was there with them in the limo just to make sure that everything was going good, apparently, she had to report to her 'puddin'' that everything was going as planned. Eva, though, was getting disgusted by how she worshipped the Joker and her voice, realistically was hurting her ears. 

When they reached the docks, Jonathan Crane was already there and as they got out the limo, Harley was being louder than she was in the car. Eva could see that Jonathan Crane was irritated by her presence already. 

"Alright! Lets get this hustlin'!" Harley jumped a couple of times in her spot while she held her bat, pumping it up to the sky. 

"Who is this?" Jonathan Crane eyed Eva, he hasn't seen her before. 

"Just a little helper, she'll come in handy." Falcone answered while Eva kept silent. But Batman could see her eye roll through his screen. 

When Jonathan Crane snapped his fingers, his men gave in a suitcase and a few boxes. "What the Joker wanted, its all in here." 

Suddenly, Eva's view changed. She saw them inside out, literally. She saw their outline but also saw their skeletons. "What the.." She whispered to herself. 

"I've changed your vision to detective mode, look over at the boxes and suitcase." Batman's voice echoed in her ear from the ear piece. 

When Eva scanned the boxes and suitcase, to her, it was a child's chemistry set. But, she knew that maybe after all, Joker was on to something big. 

When Eva met Batman on one of the buildings she instantly gave him back the tracking device along with the contact lenses in their own special box. "I think he's planning something big. Those chemistry sets, I think he still needs Crane to help him out." Eva said in a low voice. 

"I know." Was all batman answered. 

"But what does Falcone have to do with any of this?" 

"We're going to find out." Batman said. He noticed that K was more silent than usual. 

"Are you alright?" He asked. 

"Aw, are you getting worried about me? No worries big guy, I'm good." He could see past her lie but he kept silent. 

She stepped over the ledge and waved at him, "See you later, alligator." 

Eva was knocked out for the day and Veronica knew she must've worked extra hard the other night, but she wouldn't put that as the number one reason. Eva loved to sleep. 

There was a knock at the door while she played cards with Frank, Sam and Margo. She groaned before opening the door only to see the one and only, Bruce Wayne. "Hi." Bruce flashed her his famous smirk. 

"What's a guy like you doing in a place like this? Who you lookin' for?" Veronica said with a huge smirk on her face. She knew exactly who he was looking for. 

"Is Eva around?" Bruce asked, slightly leaning in the doorway. 

"Who is at the door, V?" Frank shouted slightly for Veronica to hear, but she ignored him.  

"Come in, she's asleep in her room- its the room on your right." She moved away for him to walk in . 

As Bruce walked in, everyone stared at him in bewilderment. He had a tight smile on his face as he nodded towards them in greeting before making his way to Eva's room. 

"What's he doing here?" Frank said, everyone smirked as they saw the jealousy radiating off of him. When he noticed how everyone looked at him his angry expression fell, "What?"

"Honestly Franky, find you another ghetto girl." Veronica said before sitting down and grabbing her cards. 

"Yeah, I personally think that she'd never fuck you." As Margo said, blowing her bubblegum, Sam nudged her to shut it. 

When Bruce walked in Eva's room, he noticed that it was quite small- so was the apartment- but as he looked around, her bed was near the window. She was tangled in her sheets while her hair was draped over the pillow, an instant smile grew on his face. 

As he looked around, he noticed that Eva owned many books, there wasn't enough space that some were on the floor. 

When he sat on the edge of the bed beside her, it instantly dipped, making her shift in her sleep. He ran his hand through her hair, hoping that'll wake her up. "Eva." He called out but she only responded with a slight moan. 

"Eva, wake up." He said a bit louder, this time caressing her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open and traveled to his face. When she saw that it was him she smiled. "Its 5 in the afternoon." Bruce chuckled. 

"Well, I'm nocturnal." She said before covering her face with her blanket.