Chapter Ten

"Bruce what is this?" Eva asked curiously when he took her to the most expensive store. Long ago, she thought that she'd never enter the store because the prizes will make her loose her mind.

"I'm hosting a party at my place." Bruce said, opening the door for her.

"Again?" She said as she went in the store.

"And I want you to be my date." Eva turned to him only to see him smile innocently. "Bruce, you know I can't afford this place, let's go somewhere else where I can-"

Eva was cut off by Bruce, he thought bringing her to the store was an enough hint that he'll buy a dress for her. "No one said you were buying."

Eva scoffed. "I'm sorry-, no offense, but I don't need your charity."

"This is not charity, Eva, it's a present. Just pick a dress. " His tone was soft and Eva instantly thought that maybe after all, he was really into her.

"Okay." She said weakly before walking off.

Half an hour was spent with Eva modeling for Bruce. The first dress she picked was a white dress that had no straps, while the length of the dress reached her ankles.

Eva twirled for Bruce to get a better look, but the look on his face made it clear. "Try another." He said while he was seated.

When she came back though, she wore a petite sweetheart mini dress in light blue. Again he shook his head in disagreement.

Eva tried a couple more dresses that Bruce disapproved so he decided to help her. Bruce picked a dress for Eva, its length reached her ankles but had a deep slit on the right that reached to the top of her thigh. It was a high neck, almost like a collar that was embedded with little diamonds. However, the cutout was deep and her cleavage would be shown off.

It was red and demanded a lot of attention.

"Here, try this." He said with a pleased smile. Eva took it and listened, changing in the changing room.

"Bruce, are you sure?" It was definitely out of her comfort zone, she examined how she looked in the mirror while bruce stood behind her.

He moved her hair out of the way and Eva could feel his hot breath on her shoulder making her skin shiver. "You look stunning. Wonderful. Breath taking." He said with a humorous tone. Yet, he meant it.

She turned around to face him with a grin, "Anything else you'd like to say?"

"Well..the list goes on, it'll take me forever. However, lets get you some shoes and some accessories."

"Now you're just spoiling me, Bruce."

Before the party started, Bruce was fixing his tie while Alfred was beside him. "Is Eva still upstairs?"

"Yes, sir. Shall I call her down?" Alfred had a grin on his face that he wanted to hide from Bruce.

"That's alright Alfred, she'll come down when she's ready." Bruce gave the liberty to Eva to get ready in one of the guest rooms upstairs, she obliged.

"So, when is the party startin'." Jason said rubbing his hands together while Tim and Drake were at each of his side. They were both in their suits fully dressed and ready.

"In half an hour master Jason." Alfred said, leaving Bruce's side to usher other workers that Bruce hired for the night.

As Eva left the room, walking down the quiet hallway she heard fluttering of wings behind her followed by little squeaks. She turned around and in the corner of the ceiling, she saw a bat that was struggling. Her eyebrows furrowed and the only thought that popped in her head before she sighed was batman.

"Sorry madam, they seem to find their way in the manor." Alfred startled her and instantly she turned around to face him.

"Master Bruce is downstairs awaiting your arrival." Eva ignored the bat and walked next to Alfred to go downstairs. "He wants you to meet three very bold boys." Alfred said before walking the other direction.

Eva walked down the stairs, Bruce's back facing her as he talked to three young men who were, she presumed, at their early 20s.

"Woah.." When Jason's mouth fell open, Bruce turned around and his mouth fell open too. Bruce instantly made his way to Eva.

"Now where did he find that one." Dick rolled his eyes at Jason. "Would you relax?"

"Yeah if you don't, I think he'll get rid of you." Tim said jokingly, whispering to Dick and Jason.

"You look stunning." Bruce said as he kissed Eva's hand and taking it into his. "Here, I want you to meet the boys."

Bruce introduced the boys to Eva before the party started, Eva had the chance to meet Dick Grayson, Tim Drake and Jason Todd.