Chapter Fourty Two

While Jim Gordon now took care of the Joker, Tigress found out that she was after all, stuck in the deepest basement of Arkham Asylum where the Joker took over and freed the patients. Batman was racing behind Gordon, on their way to the GCPD station, Tigress beside him, feeling as if she was falling in and out of sleep.

"A few things happened while you were gone." The batman abandoned his harsh growl and spoke a little more softly.

"Like what? Alfred finally got back his Rolls Royce with a full tank?" Tigress chuckled but she saw the frown on the batman's face and instantly, her laughter died down. "What happened? What's wrong?"

The batman turned his head to face her for a second, "Frank got to Sam, Dean and Steve. I'm so sorry."

"Oh no." Tigress' shoulders immediately slumped as her hands flew to cover her face.

"Oh this is all my fault." Tigress whispered to herself but Batman clearly heard her agonized words.

"It isn't your fault at all."

Batman's reply was silence and some sniffles from the woman beside him. He had no comforting words and as hard as he wracked his brain for some, he knew that it was best to just leave it be for now.

Abruptly breaking behind Gordon, Batman stiffly turned to the woman, "do you think you can do this?"

His growl was back in action along with his hard stare.

Tigress nodded her head sharply before exiting the tumbler.

"I feel like this is too easy." Tigress watched the Joker behind temporary bars. His hollow dark stones staring right back at her. "I'm pretty sure there's more to this."

"Let's hope to God he isn't." Jim said before excusing himself to the side, calling for the batman's presence.

Before Batman left Tigress to stand alone, his hand traveled up to her shoulder and squeezed. The action resulted in Joker raising his brow as he watched the two closely.

Tigress dragged her feet across the GCPD floor-that was casually stained in coffee here and there- towards the clown, who was arching his finger for her to come to him.

"You know, I have to be honest with you. I think this is too simple." The Joker got up from his seat as he watched Tigress, he inched towards her as if menacingly.

"Oh?" He said in amusement, his brows high up along with his chin.

"Yeah. I don't think you're easy to catch and lock up. I don't think it's ever this easy with you."

The Joker licked his scars before pressing his cheekbone on the cold metal bar, "I'm flattered."

Tigress rolled her eyes at the man and before she could leave, the man spoke, "you know doll, I'm beginning to develop a lil' cruuushh on you. Like a middle school geek falling for the cheerleader." The Joker chuckled.

"I didn't know you could feel."

The Joker brushed aside Tigress' sarcasm and continued to speak, "but as always, typical let's not forget, the cheerleader always has a thing for the captain of the football team." As the Joker sang, his eyes danced over to the batman who was watching him closely.

"What're you trying to say here? I'm not following." Joker rolled his eyes as he tilted his head.

"You two dressed in black, prowling the night beating bad guys? I mean, you shifted to his side. You used to rob banks!" As if it was a joke to the clown, he cackled uncontrollably, receiving weird looks from passing officers.

"I mean, why the change of heart? Get the attention of batman?"

Tigress turned to the man and frowned at him, "are you trying to say I'm batman's squeeze?"

"Look at you, sweet cheeks, you catch up quick."

Joker ignored Tigress' glare and continued to speak, "you had the excitement, the rush, the pleasure of living in the edge! But you buried it deep! You were talented, yes, talented indeed." The Joker licked his lips before whispering to her, "I heard he couldn't catch you. See how good you are? So, how 'bouts you start living again, hm? We could do it together for the laughs!"

"We?" Tigress snorted. "Even if I was to do it again, I wouldn't do it with you."

The Joker scrunched his nose and winced, clutching his hand on his aching heart. "Why not, tootsie? We could be partners in crime- daddy and his lil' girl. Whaddya say?"

Tigress let out a little chuckle, "that might have worked on Harley. Sorry, I think I'm too loyal to the Bat, maybe in another life or another world." Before Joker could shove more sweet words her way, Tigress left his side and strolled to the commissioner and the Knight.

"So, what now?" Tigress asked the two as she approached the two men.

"All of Arkham patients have been freed except Harley- I'm guessing the Joker wanted Harley far away from him as possible." Gordon sighed as he rubbed his sweaty forehead.

"We'll bring them back, Jim." Batman promised immediately and for a second, Tigress doubted him. How were they supposed to bring back the hundreds of patients?

Batman and Tigress immediately left right after and hopped in the tumbler, "just curious- how the hell are we supposed to do that?"