Chapter Twelve

The big wooden door that was guarded by some of Harley's goons, Eva soon discovered that her and the bat would be taking a little joy ride before they could figure out what was waiting for them at the end of their journey.

They had to ride a mini roller coaster.

As the both of them sat beside each other, the lights turned on and Eva looked on the walls and ceiling on to see it was all covered in mini screens.

The Joker appeared on the screens and his laughters echoed throughout the place. While some tricks popped out on them that they had to dodge or attack, they managed to end the ride and get off. Eva swore to herself even though his laughter was gone, she could still hear it echo in her head.

"Jeez, isn't he a fun person. I wish he was my best friend, oh the fun we'll have." Eva said sarcastically.

Batman walked further down to another door only to open it and see a surprise.

It was a dead man tied to a chair but his head was a tv. His real head was on a round table beside him. When Eva went to take a closer look at the head, she realised maggots were traveling all over the man's head. She even noticed his rotting smell.

The tv, however, worked. It was the Joker again. He laughed hysterically before he screamed, "Batman! Welcome to my humble home!" The clown cackled. "I'm sorry to disappoint you but this'll be another dead end!" He cackled again.

Eva instantly knew it was a distraction. The Joker used Harley as a distraction while he continued whatever he was planning to do.

"Well actually...it wouldn't really be fun if I kept it all a secret. Right?" The Joker giggled before continuing. "The mad house is where all the fun is going to be! The leashed will be unleashed again!" Joker laughed hysterically again before the tv turned off on its own.

"Mad house? Doesn't that sound like Arkham Asylum?"

After trying to question Harley, Eva left the carnival while Robin and Nightwing were still with the batman. Eva quickly went back to the manor hoping that non of them were awake. She successfully slipped in the house and crept upstairs back into the room without a sound.

She slipped in her bed and sighed in pain. Her knee where Harley targeted was hurting. She tried ignoring the pain by closing her eyes and not moving but she couldn't seem to fall asleep. So instead, she watched the sun rise slowly from her open curtains.

Eva heard a noise and heard her door open and as she turned to face the door, it was Bruce.

"Bruce?" She said as she lifted her head from her pillow.

"I'm sorry, I was just making sure if you were okay." Bruce said with an apologetic tight smile on his face. He took a long look at Eva before he wanted to shut the door, but she stopped him.

"Are you alright?" She asked him as he still stood at the doorway. Before he could answer though, she interrupted him. "If you say you're fine, I'm not going to believe you."

Bruce smiled to himself before walking in the room and sitting at the edge of her bed, "are you alright?"

Eva licked her lips before answering, "I couldn't sleep. You?"

"I couldn't sleep." Bruce admitted too.

"Well, you know what...this might be a lil'- you know, come. Just lay next to me." Eva's sudden words took Bruce by surprise but he nodded at the woman and laid beside her.

It wasn't awkward at all as he slipped in the covers beside her, at first though, they both couldn't sleep and they both laid in silence. But Eva wondered why Bruce couldn't sleep. "Do you get nightmares?" She hoped she wasn't walking on thin ice.

Bruce sighed silently to himself, "I get them often." Bruce turned his head to the side to face Eva, "Do you?"

"I used to. I used to get them everyday."