The Club

Chapter 1

Pulsing green and yellow lights are everywhere, the smell of sweat and alcohol lingering in the air. I make my way down the steps onto the dance floor where bodies are molded together; no doubt rubbing together to the rhythm of the deep bass of music. I try and walk around the bodies grinding into me as fast as I can. I can almost make out the head of my friend, with her flowing blonde hair bouncing to the music. I trip over someone's foot and curse the stilettos I'm wearing for the evening.

"I'm sorry!" I try and yell over the thumping of the bass to whoever I tripped over. I look up to see a tall man wearing business attire; a black suit, no doubt an Armani or Dolce and Gabana. He has a long black tie that's been loosened over a white unbuttoned shirt. My breath hitches when I look up at his sculptured face; sharp cheekbones, full lips, dark piercing blue eyes, and short wavy blonde hair just over his eyebrows. Who the hell is this God?

"It's quite alright, hopefully you're okay?" he asks, not quite shouting but just enough to where I can hear him. He grabs my elbow helping me up and my face is aflame with embarrassment. He chuckles when all I do is stare, openmouthed, at how gorgeous he is. I mentally shake my head. Get a grip girl! He's going to think you're mentally challenged!

"I'm fine thank you, just my heels are damn near impossible to wear." I manage to say with a smile. He lets go of my elbow and I straighten my dress out. If a dress is what you could call it. It's more of a tight t-shirt in my opinion. Eve dressed me up for this night, tomorrow being the first day of college for us. She spent nearly an hour on my transformation from high school geek to chic college freshman. Tight, black lace covers just over my ass and my body is molded by this lacy material, my hair piled to the top of my head with curly brown tendrils escaping from the dancing we did, and dark smoky eye makeup that I attested too with much difficulty, ending with Eve eventually getting her way.

"What a shame, you look amazing wearing them." He cocks his head to the side as he stares up and down my legs. A dark gleam in his sharp blue eyes that makes my heart flutter.

"Belle! Get your ass over here and dance with me!" I look over the crowd of people still dancing to the music and spot Eve waving me down.

"I...I better get going then...Um, sorry I tripped over you. Bye!" and with that I walk towards Eve as fast as I can without tripping again. Eve is provocatively grinding her ass on a man that looks to be in his fifties; the result of too many cosmos. She notices me and straightens out, grabbing my hands and pulling me to her body. I laugh.

"Easy there Eve-y, I think you might have gone past your limit." I dance with her while she smiles up at me with a drunken state.

"You may be right little Belle, but tonight is my last night and I'm going to enjoy it! Who wants another shot?" she screams to no one in particular.

"Me!" the man behind her shouts and she turns around to grin.

"Then let's get to the bar before I can't walk anymore!" Eve scurries to the bar in her 4-inch heels with the man in tow, and then I feel a light touch on my waist.

"Maybe you'd like to have a drink with me?" I turn around to the voice of the mystery man I ran away from. He has a cocky grin plastered on his gorgeous face. I notice both his hands are now in his pants pockets.

"I think I'd better watch my friend for the moment. Thank you for the offer." I say, being completely nice to the man. Politeness is one of my many virtues. Although I do find him beyond attractive, my friend is who I need to look after.